Fermented Bean Curd (Nam Yee) Chicken Wings Recipe MyKuali White Curry Noodles Easy Waffles Recipe Samyang Fried Chicken Ramyun Air-fried Vegetarian Zai Er Recipe Ipoh Hor Fun Recipe

Fun with Pita Pizza – Hawaiian Pita Pizza

nc_din_plate

Hawaiian Pita Pizza

Hawaiian pizza is one of the most popular pizza flavours around. After all, what’s not to like about the fail-safe combination of ham and pineapples? Using the shortcut method of using pita bread as pizza crust & canned pineapples, this popular pizza delight can be whipped up in 15 minutes: 5 minutes to prepare & assemble, and 10 minutes to bake. For more information about pita pizzas, check out my detailed write-up here.

Hawaiian Pita Pizza

Ingredients
(makes 1 pita pizza)

- 1 pita bread
- pizza or tomato-based pasta sauce
- pineapples, diced (you can use fresh pineapples or canned)
- ham slices, diced
- shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions
(for step by step photos on how to assemble this pizza, refer to this post)

1. Place a piece of pita bread on a flat oven-safe tray.
2. Spread some pizza sauce (you can also use tomato-based pasta sauce which was what I used in this case) evenly over the pita bread using the back of your spoon.
3. Arrange pineapples and ham evenly all over the pita bread, followed by a layer of cheese, followed by more pineapples & ham over the cheese.
4. Bake in preheated oven of 200C (392F) for roughly 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Serve with tobasco sauce and grated parmesan cheese if you like.

Leftover pineapples and ham? Try my hawaiian baked rice recipe.

Fancy more 15-minute pita pizza ideas?

43 Responses to “Fun with Pita Pizza – Hawaiian Pita Pizza”

1. jo — March 22, 2010 @ 8:34 am

Now this is a truly quick, easy and delicious meal. Love hawaiian pizas.

2. Wizzythestick — March 22, 2010 @ 9:45 am

Pita pizzas are a big hit around here. Everyone gets to customize their own and they are super quick

3. Little Inbox — March 22, 2010 @ 8:52 pm

I can’t wait to give this a try!

4. juhuacha — March 23, 2010 @ 1:51 am

Hi Wiffy,

I tried with white bread and it turns out to be quite hard after baking. Where can I get pita bread? I saw frozen ones at cold storage. Is it better to use fresh ones?

• wiffy replied: — March 23rd, 2010 @ 10:04 am

hi juhuacha, you can get it at Cold Storage, Sheng Siong and some NTUC outlets. Cold Storage sells them fresh and Sheng Siong sells the same thing frozen, but much cheaper. I get from Sheng Siong, thaw it for a bit before using. I think not much difference between fresh and frozen, just that sometimes it’s hard to separate the frozen pieces, got to be patient to let it thaw before separating. For fresh ones, you can store the leftovers in the freezer too if can’t finish.

5. przepisy — April 1, 2010 @ 5:11 pm

I could eat that kind of food all the time!!!

6. Sofia — August 7, 2010 @ 10:35 am

I just tried to make this yesterday and my Hubby was so amazed :D Thanks for sharing this. I never thought that it is so easy to make a pizza :D

• wiffy replied: — August 7th, 2010 @ 3:38 pm

I’m happy your family likes this cheater’s pizza :D Thanks for your note.

7. Happismiley — May 18, 2011 @ 6:42 pm

Hi, I just made this for my dinner today! Mini ones. :) Yeah & I’m not gonna buy frozen pizza anymore!

8. MEBO — June 2, 2011 @ 8:49 pm

Hey where do you get pita breads and how much are they I bought all those ingredients and it cost around $17(cant find pita so bought ready made pizza crust) cheeze was $6.80 though. Thought it will be much cheaper if i had called for delivery T.T

• wiffy replied: — June 3rd, 2011 @ 12:30 pm

pita bread are about 5 in a pack for $3++ – bought them at ntuc/shing sheong. I think pizza crusts are more expensive. you can buy cheaper value pack of cheese at Cold Storage if you are only making a pizza or two. yeah the ingredients though expensive when add up, you can make more pizzas and also enjoy them freshly baked.

9. Crystal — November 12, 2011 @ 1:08 pm

Hi, do u find that shredded cheese has a slight bitter taste? my pizza turns out a bit bitter…

10. Joycelyn — July 13, 2012 @ 4:40 pm

Can I know where can I buy cheap mozzarella cheese cos I intend to do more than 10 pizza?

• wiffy replied: — July 17th, 2012 @ 12:56 pm

You can get the value packs, pre-shredded, at cold storage, SG.