Snowskin Mooncakes Recipe Birthday Mee Sua (Longevity Noodles) Recipe Mum's Egg Mee Sua Recipe Traditional Baked Mooncakes Recipe Ottogi Korean Cheese Ramen Foochow Red Wine Mee Sua Recipe

Fried Bee Hoon

Fried Bee Hoon

Check Out: Sambal Long Beans Recipe

I love plain fried rice vermicelli (炒米粉). More commonly known as “bee hoon” or “bihun” (米粉) by the locals, these thin noodles made from rice. Plain fried bee hoon is one of the staples (along with rice and other fried noodles) that you can choose from when you order food at “economical bee hoon” or vegetarian food stalls in Singapore. Even though the bee hoon is so-called plain, they taste nice on its own due to the soy seasonings. But one usually order other ‘liao‘ (ingredients) to go with the bee hoon. This is also great party food as it is filling and complement all the other finger foods that you have prepared, plus the noodles can be left be left on the table for a few hours without becoming soggy.

Fried Bee Hoon

68 Responses to “Fried Bee Hoon”

1. MaryMoh — June 10, 2010 @ 11:59 pm

Looks like a big party is going on. I need to self invite :P

2. Ong Leh Hong — June 11, 2010 @ 12:31 pm

If I want to cook 400g bee Hoon, is it means that I need to double up the oil,garlic and soy mixture ? Please advise . Thank you.

• wiffy replied: — June 11th, 2010 @ 1:26 pm

Yes, Leh Hong, double up everything, including the water :)

3. The Sudden Cook — June 12, 2010 @ 10:17 am

Love this beehoon. Love it better with curry chicken!

4. 3hungrytummies — June 13, 2010 @ 2:18 pm

Love fried beehoon with curry vegetables. Reminds me of chilhood birthday parties!

5. juhuacha — June 15, 2010 @ 2:07 pm

Does yr bee hoon stick to the wok like mine? Do u fry the bee hoon in the wok first before adding the soy mixture? I always end up with a bee hoon crust in my wok….

• wiffy replied: — June 15th, 2010 @ 3:18 pm

hmm a little hard for me to describe hehe … if the bee hoon stick to the wok like dried crust, for me it means fry too long (and the bee hoon usually become broken and not long strand). I don’t fry the bee hoon before adding soy mixture. What I do is, put bee hoon in wok, immediately add soy mixture, make sure the bee hoon is entirely soaked in the water mixture (so you need to keep turning the noodles either with a spatula or tongs – hand aching!) and by the time the liquid is soaked up, just fry it a bit but not until stick to wok, and my bee hoon is almost done. U using non stick wok?

• juhuacha replied: — June 19th, 2010 @ 9:15 pm

No. Using iron wok to fry bee hoon in oil first before adding the liquid. Will try yr method. Thanks.

6. Vishnu Preyei — June 23, 2010 @ 2:46 pm

Thank u so much I have been looking for this recipe for very long
    I am so glad that I can finally make
    Thanks so much again

• wiffy replied: — June 24th, 2010 @ 10:08 am

Hi Vishnu, thanks for your kind words. I hope you like the taste when you try out the recipe, feel free to give me your feedback :)

7. siva kay — June 30, 2010 @ 5:35 pm

hi ur bee hoon looks delicious..what soy sauce brand do u use?

• wiffy replied: — June 30th, 2010 @ 11:10 pm

hi, I use tai hua superior light and dark soy sauce. You can use any brand, actually :)

8. Bee Hoon Lover — August 10, 2010 @ 11:27 am

Do you know how many packets of been hoon require for abt 18-20ppl? I’m frying bee hoon for my church friend…

• wiffy replied: — August 10th, 2010 @ 12:21 pm

hi, I suppose there will be other dishes and the bee hoon is just a side? If so, I suppose 1-2 packets may do the trick. based on my recipe, 200g bee hoon is actually half a packet.

9. blessed mum — April 28, 2011 @ 5:10 pm

searched yr web and cannot find a receipe for chicken wings. would you be kind enough to do one crispy fried chicken wings receipe?

10. Louis — July 22, 2011 @ 12:53 pm

i yummy love it~~~darling.