Fried Bee Hoon
Fried Bee Hoon Recipe
Adjust the seasonings to your liking - for example more light soy sauce for saltier taste, or more dark soy sauce for darker colour. You have to add the seasonings while there is still liquid in the wok, and not when the noodles are already dry.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 100 grams rice vermicelli (rice noodles/米粉) aka "bee hoon"
- 3 cloves shallots sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- a small handful of beansprouts
- 150 ml water
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce to taste
- 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce to taste
- 1 tsp (Chinese) fish sauce to taste; if not using, use a bit more light soy sauce
- Soak the rice vermicelli in a bowl of water for about half an hour, until the noodles are fully reconstituted. For instant rice vermicelli, they require less than 5 minutes of soaking. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in wok, stir fry shallots and garlic until shallots start to soften.
- Add (A) and bring to a gentle simmer. Then add the softened rice vermicelli and beansprouts, making sure the noodles are well coated in the mixture so that you have uniform colour and taste. Cook until the noodles have soaked up all the water and is of a dry consistency.
- Serve and garnish with spring onions/coriander, chilli and/or fried shallots.
Leave a Comment
70 Responses to “Fried Bee Hoon”
Pingback: Sambal Belachan Recipe | NoobCook.com
Pingback: Date Night? | A Life Of A Working Mom
Pingback: Curry Vegetables Recipe
Pingback: Easy Fried Bee Hoon | MAKING IT BLISSFUL
Pingback: Easy Fried Bee Hoon | Mono + Co