Fried Bee Hoon
Fried Bee Hoon Recipe
Adjust the seasonings to your liking - for example more light soy sauce for saltier taste, or more dark soy sauce for darker colour. You have to add the seasonings while there is still liquid in the wok, and not when the noodles are already dry.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 200g bee hoon (rice vermicelli) soaked in water for at least half an hour until fully constituted
- 4 cloves shallots chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 250 ml water
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce to taste
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce to taste
- 1 tsp (Chinese) fish sauce to taste if not using, use a bit more light soy sauce
- Soak the bee hoon in water for at least half an hour, until the noodles are fully reconstituted. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the wok with oil, and fry shallots, until the latter is soft and translucent. Add garlic and stir fry for 10 seconds.
- Add the bee hoon. Then add (A), making sure the noodles are well coated in the mixture so that you have even colour and taste.
- Cook until the noodles have soaked up all the water, and is of a dry consistency. This usually takes about 5 minutes.
Noob Cook Tips
If you like to add beansprouts to your bee hoon, trim the ends of the beansprouts, and add them roughly 2 minutes before the noodles are cooked.