Easy Waffles Recipe Samyang Fried Chicken Ramyun Air-fried Vegetarian Zai Er Recipe Ipoh Hor Fun Recipe Durian Cream Puff Recipe Ham and Cheese Egg Roll Recipe

Fried Bee Hoon with Stewed Pork

Fried Bee Hoon with Stewed Pork Recipe

Check Out: Mum’s Chinese Pork Chops Recipe

Update (Jan 2014): First posted in Feb 2009, now updated with new photos and improved recipe

This one-dish meal brings back fond memory of my childhood. I used to wolf down several plates in a day whenever my mum cooked this dish! This homely dish has a bit of everything – carbs, vegetables and meat making it a balanced one-dish meal. Commonly known as “bee hoon” (米粉) in Singapore, rice vermicelli are thin noodles made from rice. It is also known as bihun, rice noodles or rice sticks. It keeps pretty well for a few hours without becoming soggy, hence I usually cook more for two meals. You can also keep it warm in the rice cooker throughout the day.

Fried Bee Hoon with Stewed Pork Recipe

45 Responses to “Fried Bee Hoon with Stewed Pork”

1. lilballerina — September 8, 2011 @ 3:24 pm

i just tried your recipie and its awesome! may i ask if your version is salty enough? i think i added too much soya sauce and its abit salty!! thanks for sharing this recipie! its awesome!!! =)

2. teresa — November 6, 2011 @ 9:40 pm

Hi, your receipe is great. Many thanks for sharing. For ready made fried shallots, which brand do u use? where to buy? Thanks :)

3. Evonne — February 18, 2012 @ 7:27 am

Thank you so much for the recipe! My husband loves it a lot on my first attempt! : D

4. Kaitlylicous — April 21, 2012 @ 11:49 pm

My dad loves this dish too but normally we will add 2 cans of pig trotters and lots of Cai Xin.

5. Tiffany — February 13, 2013 @ 1:19 pm

Hi,
    How many ml is your one cup of water? 200ml or 250ml?

• wiffy replied: — February 13th, 2013 @ 1:34 pm

I’m using the rice cup here so it’s 200ml. But it doesn’t matter whether you are using the 200ml or 250ml measurement for this recipe (unlike in a bake), as you just need to simmer until the noodles are dry.

6. Angela — February 19, 2013 @ 11:20 am

Thank you for leaving this easy-to-cook recipe ! It is my most favorite dish ever:):) Reminds me very much of my granny’s home cooked meals . Thanks ! Tastes delicious !

7. Vincent — September 29, 2013 @ 1:05 pm

Fantastic! First attempt passed with flying colours ! I especially like the part where you desperately cook the gravy and beehoon. That way you can ensure the desired even texture and taste! What I’veseen others do is dunk everything together and fry, leaving some parts tastier than others. :)