Banana Strawberry Smoothie Recipe Chinese Minestrone Soup Recipe Claypot Chicken Brown Rice Recipe Lo Mai Gai Recipe 10-Minute Matcha Latte Recipe Braised Tofu Recipe

Fried Bee Hoon with Stewed Pork

Fried Bee Hoon with Stewed Pork Recipe

Update (Jan 2014): First posted in Feb 2009, now updated with new photos and improved recipe

This one-dish meal brings back fond memory of my childhood. I used to wolf down several plates in a day whenever my mum cooked this dish! This homely dish has a bit of everything – carbs, vegetables and meat making it a balanced one-dish meal. Commonly known as “bee hoon” (米粉) in Singapore, rice vermicelli are thin noodles made from rice.

See Also:

It is also known as bihun, rice noodles or rice sticks. It keeps pretty well for a few hours without becoming soggy, hence I usually cook more for two meals. You can also keep it warm in the rice cooker throughout the day.

Fried Bee Hoon with Stewed Pork Recipe

45 Responses to “Fried Bee Hoon with Stewed Pork”

1. RealNoobCook — June 28, 2010 @ 10:27 am

Hi…jus tried tis dish for d 1st time,n it’s delicious!yummy yummy ;)

• wiffy replied: — June 28th, 2010 @ 1:29 pm

I’m happy to hear that :)

2. Brooke — May 11, 2011 @ 5:20 pm

It’s one of those simple dishes that I’ve always seen mommy cook but never bothered to remember. Today I decided to fry my own beehoon for the first time and then realized I haven’t the slightest idea how to proceed. Your recipe was a life saver. I used “pork cubes” instead of pork stew. Not sure if they are the same but still the outcome was good. I was lazy so for step 7, instead of using a clean wok, I just continued using the frying pan I just fried the carrots in. At first I thought the instruction was such to prevent the beehoon from sticking to the pan, but that didn’t happen. So… all’s well.

3. lilballerina — September 8, 2011 @ 3:24 pm

i just tried your recipie and its awesome! may i ask if your version is salty enough? i think i added too much soya sauce and its abit salty!! thanks for sharing this recipie! its awesome!!! =)

4. teresa — November 6, 2011 @ 9:40 pm

Hi, your receipe is great. Many thanks for sharing. For ready made fried shallots, which brand do u use? where to buy? Thanks :)

5. Evonne — February 18, 2012 @ 7:27 am

Thank you so much for the recipe! My husband loves it a lot on my first attempt! : D

6. Kaitlylicous — April 21, 2012 @ 11:49 pm

My dad loves this dish too but normally we will add 2 cans of pig trotters and lots of Cai Xin.

7. Tiffany — February 13, 2013 @ 1:19 pm

Hi,
    How many ml is your one cup of water? 200ml or 250ml?

• wiffy replied: — February 13th, 2013 @ 1:34 pm

I’m using the rice cup here so it’s 200ml. But it doesn’t matter whether you are using the 200ml or 250ml measurement for this recipe (unlike in a bake), as you just need to simmer until the noodles are dry.

8. Angela — February 19, 2013 @ 11:20 am

Thank you for leaving this easy-to-cook recipe ! It is my most favorite dish ever:):) Reminds me very much of my granny’s home cooked meals . Thanks ! Tastes delicious !

1. Pingback: Fried Bee Hoon Recipe 炒米粉 | NoobCook.com