Korean Spicy Cucumber Salad Recipe (Oi-muchim) Salted Egg Yolk Tofu Recipe Roasted Curried Cauliflower Recipe Yosenabe Recipe Claypot Tofu Vegetables Recipe Sesame Wine Chicken Recipe

Fried Bee Hoon with Stewed Pork

Fried Bee Hoon with Stewed Pork Recipe

Update (Jan 2014): First posted in Feb 2009, now updated with new photos and improved recipe

This one-dish meal brings back fond memory of my childhood. I used to wolf down several plates in a day whenever my mum cooked this dish! This homely dish has a bit of everything – carbs, vegetables and meat making it a balanced one-dish meal. Commonly known as “bee hoon” (米粉) in Singapore, rice vermicelli are thin noodles made from rice.

See Also:

It is also known as bihun, rice noodles or rice sticks. It keeps pretty well for a few hours without becoming soggy, hence I usually cook more for two meals. You can also keep it warm in the rice cooker throughout the day.

Fried Bee Hoon with Stewed Pork Recipe

45 Responses to “Fried Bee Hoon with Stewed Pork”

1. Ruth — February 13, 2009 @ 6:23 pm

Great looking dish. Thanks so much for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights big bash and for hosting next week!

2. daphne — February 13, 2009 @ 9:39 pm

Isn’t it amazing what a tin of stewed pork can do? I used to love that stuff….but hv to stop eating coz needed to lose weight! But I still drool when I see that can! LOL =)

3. lk — February 13, 2009 @ 11:08 pm

Fried Bee Hoon is always my all-time favourite. Never try with stewed pork before. Your photo is making me drooling now….Slurp!

4. diva — February 15, 2009 @ 1:52 am

oh this looks gooood. I like this with a lot of dried shrimp and fresh red chillies :)
    Happy Valentine’s Day!

x

5. mycookinghut — February 15, 2009 @ 2:23 am

I have never tried stewed pork before.. what is it like? :P

6. Dee — February 15, 2009 @ 9:53 am

Yum, comfort food!
    You know, beehoon brings back great memories for me too. Every family picnic, birthday party would always have included it. Jules and Eli don’t get it, so I’ve had to do without for years. The sacrifices I make. Sob.

7. Yen — August 3, 2009 @ 3:41 am

I just found your website through foodgawker and i’m definitely printing out this recipe! It reminds me of my mom and home :)

8. project — March 23, 2010 @ 4:07 pm

WOW!!seems great!i would be doing ths for my cooking exam 2 weeks later with a little alteration.THANKS SO MUCH!! :XO: :XO: :XO:

• wiffy replied: — March 23rd, 2010 @ 5:24 pm

All the best for your exams!

1. Pingback: Fried Tom Yum Seafood Bee Hooon | NoobCook.com