Claypot Tofu Vegetables Recipe Sesame Wine Chicken Recipe Korean Ginseng Chicken Soup (Samgyetang) Recipe Fresh Ginseng Claypot Thai Glass Noodles with Prawns Recipe Steamed 3 eggs with pork recipe

Fried Bee Hoon with Stewed Pork

Fried Bee Hoon with Stewed Pork Recipe

Update (Jan 2014): First posted in Feb 2009, now updated with new photos and improved recipe

This one-dish meal brings back fond memory of my childhood. I used to wolf down several plates in a day whenever my mum cooked this dish! This homely dish has a bit of everything – carbs, vegetables and meat making it a balanced one-dish meal. Commonly known as “bee hoon” (米粉) in Singapore, rice vermicelli are thin noodles made from rice.

See Also:

It is also known as bihun, rice noodles or rice sticks. It keeps pretty well for a few hours without becoming soggy, hence I usually cook more for two meals. You can also keep it warm in the rice cooker throughout the day.

Fried Bee Hoon with Stewed Pork Recipe

45 Responses to “Fried Bee Hoon with Stewed Pork”

1. HoppingHammy — February 12, 2009 @ 9:43 am

This photo looks like something straight out of a high-class restaurant menu. Absolutely perfect presentation!

And nice square plate too. I’ve always wanted to eat from a square plate. (random) :lol:

2. Eat. Travel. Eat! — February 12, 2009 @ 11:00 am

Just by looking at the ingredients and your photo I know this will definitely taste awesome! It looks so high class!

I’ve never seen stewed pork come from a can before. Wonder how it tastes!

3. Dorie — February 12, 2009 @ 1:45 pm

Oh yes! My Mum used to cooked this for me when I was young too. My favourite food kept hot in a flask for my lunch when I come home from school. I would smother ketchup on it.
    Thank you for bringing back fond memories of my childhood in M’sia.
    Rgds, Dorie

4. Alice — February 12, 2009 @ 5:10 pm

Just simple and delicious! Love it. :wink:

5. didally — February 12, 2009 @ 7:05 pm

AHH! You made me crave for it right now! :o

I haven’t cooked this for a very long time since the stewed pork/ribs were banned. I can also eat this the whole day too if I can. lol

And I try to do it like how my mum does it too. Love it with her chilli paste. :P

Ok.. I can’t resist. I’m gonna cook this soon!!

6. lisaiscooking — February 12, 2009 @ 10:44 pm

Looks delicious! I love the garnishes and all the veggies.

7. tigerfish — February 13, 2009 @ 7:44 am

In my family, we simply use the Tir Ka Guan (Canned Stew Pork in HOkkien)…no carrots and cabbage most of the times. But ever since I “disallow” my parents to eat this, I never get to eat it myself as well. Hee heee….

A childhood dish for me too ;p

8. krissy — February 13, 2009 @ 8:35 am

was browsing blogs and came across yours. very cool website. we’re in the same category of blogs! yay to the love of food. <3

hope to learn and try some of your recipes!

cheers,
    krissy

9. jovin — February 13, 2009 @ 2:10 pm

I love fried bee hoon… My mum always use sliced char siew which adds colour and flavour to this dish.

10. dhanggit — February 13, 2009 @ 5:01 pm

oh my !! we love to cook this on birthday parties!! and i must admit the way you capture it on your lens is really magnificent! i could imagine the taste from here! yum :XO: