Steamed 3 eggs with pork recipe Shrimp & Egg Fried Rice Recipe Stir-fry Lotus Root Recipe Mala Xiang Guo (Sichuan Spicy Numbing Stir-fry) Recipe Mala Xiang Guo Ingredients Hai Di Lao Mala Sauce

Fried Bee Hoon with Stewed Pork

Fried Bee Hoon with Stewed Pork Recipe

Update (Jan 2014): First posted in Feb 2009, now updated with new photos and improved recipe

This one-dish meal brings back fond memory of my childhood. I used to wolf down several plates in a day whenever my mum cooked this dish! This homely dish has a bit of everything – carbs, vegetables and meat making it a balanced one-dish meal. Commonly known as “bee hoon” (米粉) in Singapore, rice vermicelli are thin noodles made from rice.

See Also:

It is also known as bihun, rice noodles or rice sticks. It keeps pretty well for a few hours without becoming soggy, hence I usually cook more for two meals. You can also keep it warm in the rice cooker throughout the day.

Fried Bee Hoon with Stewed Pork Recipe

45 Responses to “Fried Bee Hoon with Stewed Pork”

1 2 3 5
  1. Pigpigscorner — February 11, 2009 @ 11:14 pm

I’ve never had that canned stewed pork. I’ll look out for it! I love fried beehoon, great with red chili!

2. Gertrude — February 11, 2009 @ 11:36 pm

My sisters and I were just talking about eating this stew pork with potatoes. I remember my mother used to cook this with bee hoon too. Is time to cook this :)

3. j0s1e267 — February 12, 2009 @ 1:01 am

This looks very good! I will be making this for my lunch, yummers!

4. elra — February 12, 2009 @ 1:01 am

Oh I love bee hoon very much. I haven’t made it for such a long time. Thanks for the recipe.
    Cheers,
    Elra

5. Gera @ SweetsFoods — February 12, 2009 @ 2:05 am

Hi Wiffy,

The texture and flavors look fantastic.
    Long time I didn’t cook rice vermicelli and the combo with stewed pork must be delicious :D

All the best!
    Gera

6. Marysol — February 12, 2009 @ 2:57 am

Oh boy, would I love to dive into that dish right now!

7. Little Corner of Mine — February 12, 2009 @ 3:08 am

I have seen this recipe before but never tried it. It looks so delicious, can I have some? ;)

8. Ning — February 12, 2009 @ 7:41 am

This is our favorite way of making bee hoon – with canned stewed pork (or canned stewed pork leg)! yummy and comforting! :)

9. Selba — February 12, 2009 @ 9:26 am

Yummm.. just love bee hoon!

Stew pork in canned? Never seen it before…

10. Reeni — February 12, 2009 @ 9:29 am

I love that how the noodles never get soggy! This looks deliciously tasty! I like chopping veggies too, it’s very relaxing to me.

1 2 3 4