Dijon Honey Chicken Wings Recipe Beef Claypot Rice Recipe How to Make Grated Ginger Juice Ginger Grater Singapore Char Kway Teow Recipe Philips Airfryer Giveaway

Stir-fried French Beans with Egg

French Beans with Egg

Check Out: Mum’s Recipes

Note: First posted in Dec 2007, now republished with improved photos and recipe.

French beans with egg (四季豆炒咸蛋) is a comfort food dish which I grew up eating, and basically the stir-fried version of my mum’s long beans omelette recipe. It is really simple to cook with only 3 main ingredients (french beans, egg and garlic), and especially enjoyable with a bowl of porridge. It is simple home-cooked dishes like this which I never get tired of eating all these years. I always try to keep some french beans in the fridge because I know I can whip up this healthy dish quickly (in about 15 minutes) and effortlessly, perfect for eating light or/and busy nights.

French Beans with Egg

17 Responses to “Stir-fried French Beans with Egg”

1. Joyce — December 13, 2007 @ 11:39 am

Hey Wiffy,

I love simple recipes and I guess nothing beats what mum cooks.

2. WokkingMum — December 13, 2007 @ 2:38 pm

My kids like it with long bean. I cook just like how you do it. Yummy! Oh, I use the same olive oil too! :)

3. tigerfish — December 13, 2007 @ 5:15 pm

Woooo…I like this. A family dish. But what are baby fine beans? I usually use long beans or french beans and cut them to small pieces.

4. steamy kitchen — December 15, 2007 @ 3:25 pm

Love your illustrated guide to cooking – so easy to understand!

5. didally — December 16, 2007 @ 5:25 pm

I cook this dish often too, with long beans. Baby fine beans has more crunch thou.

6. wiffy — December 18, 2007 @ 10:36 am

tigerfish: they look similar looking to french beans and I wonder if they are the same too

7. Angela Tan — December 11, 2009 @ 11:44 am

I think you have a very good recipes website, especially with the illustrated guide. Thank you so much.. I’m just beginning to learn cooking in mid-20s. Hope its not too late to reach your standard soon ;)

• wiffy replied: — December 14th, 2009 @ 5:03 pm

Hello Angela, thanks for your kind words. I have no standard at all, you will become as good and better than me in no time at all hehe :) Happy cooking!

8. Linda — September 13, 2010 @ 2:04 pm

Hi Wiffy, this is one of your many receipes I tried. Yummy!
    I innovated a little with smashed fried salted fish (I reduced amount of soya sauce), it turn out great as well. If you are salted fish lover, you might want to give a shot. Thanks again for all your wonderful, easy to understand receipes.
    :-)

• wiffy replied: — September 13th, 2010 @ 10:57 pm

salted fish sounds like good addition! Thanks for sharing :)

9. kelvin — May 7, 2012 @ 1:56 pm

That’s my family dish too :)

10. Little Inbox — May 7, 2012 @ 5:09 pm

Love this simple recipe.
    My version is stir fry the French bean with garlic, minced pork, julienned carrot and scrambled egg.

1. Pingback: French Beans with Spicy Dried Shrimps (Hei Bi Hiam) | NoobCook.com