Stir-fried French Beans with Egg
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
French Beans with Egg Recipe
This is a quick and easy egg stir-fry has minimal ingredients and goes very well with porridge or rice.
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- white pepper powder to taste
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 150 grams french beans (四季豆) ends trimmed and sliced diagonally to about 1-2cm length
- salt to taste
- Season beaten egg with light soy sauce and white pepper; mix well and set aside.
- Heat oil in wok and stir fry garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add sliced French beans and a tiny pinch of salt to the wok, stir fry until the beans are almost cooked, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture over the beans and stir-fry until the egg is no longer wet.
Noob Cook Tips
- For best results, choose French beans which is light green rather than dark green.
- Slice the French beans according to your desired thickness. You can slice them as thinly as those in my long beans omelette – it will cook faster and also easier to eat.
- You may substitute the recipe with long beans or what some supermarkets label as “baby fine beans”.