Hainanese Chicken Rice Recipe Chicken Rice Ginger Sauce Recipe Chicken Rice Chilli Sauce Recipe How to carve boneless chicken Fish Maw Soup Recipe Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe

Foil-Wrapped Ginseng Chicken

ginsengchix_step9

Steamed ginseng chicken wrapped in foil is a simple wrap and cook dinner solution. This is a very healthy and convenient recipe. The ginseng I am using is called american ginseng fiber (洋参须). It is an inexpensive type of american ginseng, has ‘cooling’ properties (降火), & keeps one more alert (提神) among the host of its known benefits.

See Also:

You can purchase this particular ginseng in Singapore at traditional neighbourhood Chinese medical halls or the ones at the shopping centers such as Fuhua (where I bought a 150g packet for S$5.50).

ginsengchix_step5

24 Responses to “Foil-Wrapped Ginseng Chicken”

1. kisetsu — November 17, 2008 @ 8:16 am

I can sniff the herbal smell emitting thru’ my computer screen already! :D You make it looks easy to create this dish. :halo:

2. wiffy — November 17, 2008 @ 9:15 am

Jun … funnily I don’t find ginseng bitter at all… must be my taste buds? hehe

lk … u can try… but I am worried that the water may leak out if you flip hehe … I used tongs and glove when I am opening the parcel n flipping the chix … not hot ;p

Ning, yes we have telepathy! =D

LCOM, I don’t find it bitter at all … dunno if it’s my taste bud? I can’t take too sweet foods hehe

didally, thanks gal =)

TOH, thanks! got one big packet of ginseng so must think of ways of using it, haha =p

Jude, tigerfish, Pepy thanks ^o^

beachlover, hope u like it! =)

kisetsu, yes it’s definitely easy… coz I dunno how to cook difficult dishes, hehe ;p

3. lisaiscooking — November 18, 2008 @ 3:40 am

The chicken must be very tender after steaming with the marinade. It looks fantastic!

4. Darius T. Williams — November 18, 2008 @ 11:30 am

Again – this is a great recipe with tons of great pics!

-DTW

5. daphne — November 18, 2008 @ 8:30 pm

oo.. i like healthy recipes like this! Looks like your blog as gone healthy! =)

6. FamilyFirst — November 19, 2008 @ 8:45 am

I love your ginseng chicken but i love your glass mosaic tiles wall too … hehehe. Mind to share some pics of your kitchen cos I am now looking for ideas for my new kitchen in our new home. Can email them to me too if not suitable to post it … hehehehe. family_first3@hotmail.com. Thanks ya!

7. Alice — November 19, 2008 @ 11:20 am

Wonderful! and amazing “DISH”… I just love it at my first sight…

8. wiffy — November 21, 2008 @ 10:45 am

lisa, Darius, Alice, thank you! =)

daphne, more like it has gone lazy … steaming = less cleaning up ;D

FamilyFirst, I’ll try to take some pictures and post them by end Dec =)

9. Piggy — December 7, 2008 @ 6:17 am

This looks really yummy, and that’s an interesting way of cooking with ginseng. :-)

10. Pearlyn — March 25, 2009 @ 11:27 pm

This is one of my favourite…… easy to prepare and the results are superb. I usually use whole kampong chicken with ginseng and other herbs stuffed in the chicken cavity and slow cooked it. All except my daughter doesn’t really like the ” bitterness ” of the soup. I personally love the ” natural bitterness ” as I find it very soothing.By adding more red dates & wolfberries and dried scallops can add sweetness and cut down the bitterness :lol: