Tuna Pasta Recipe Dijon Honey Chicken Wings Recipe Beef Claypot Rice Recipe How to Make Grated Ginger Juice Ginger Grater Singapore Char Kway Teow Recipe

Eggless Tiramisu

Eggless Tiramisu Recipe

Check Out: Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe

This recipe is courtesy of my buddy Anemone who came over my place and taught me how to make tiramisu, a popular Italian dessert. Tiramisu literally meant “pick me up” thanks to the ingredients coffee, liquor and sugar. She had a lot of experience making tiramisu and she do not even need to refer to a recipe during the making. So I took advantage of her expertise and let her do most of the work while I’m just snapped some photos hehe. For convenience, we made the tiramisu directly in two 13x13cm square Lock&Lock containers so that we can lid and chill it right away.  Both of us prefer the eggless version because we are not entirely comfortable with eating raw eggs and without eggs, it will also keep longer in the fridge. If you have a bit of leftover cream and ingredients from making the layered cake, serve the tiramisu in a glass (or ramekin) recipe which uses the same base tiramisu recipe.

Printable Recipe
 Eggless Tiramisu Recipe 1. In a large mixing bowl, mix mascarpone chese, vanilla extract, sugar and kahlua (coffee liquor) with a spatula until  well combined. Then fold in the thickened cream until the mixture is of a nice creamy consistency.
Eggless Tiramisu Recipe 2. Add espresso coffee and kahlua in a wide and shallow dish. Dip one lady fingers biscuit halfway lengthwise and quickly in the coffee solution.
Eggless Tiramisu Recipe 3. Arranged dipped lady fingers biscuit within a food container to form one layer of the cake. Spread a layer of cream mixture you prepared earlier over the biscuits with the back of your spoon.
Eggless Tiramisu Recipe 4. Dust a thin layer of cocoa powder using a fine sieve.
Eggless Tiramisu Recipe 5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 to form a second layer of cake. Cover with lid and chill the cake for a few hours till set. Slice and serve with fresh berries.
Eggless tiramisu (served in a glass) recipe 6. If you have leftover ingredients, serve the tiramisu in a ramekin or martini glass. Get the recipe here.

81 Responses to “Eggless Tiramisu”

1. Ching @ LCOM — November 30, 2010 @ 2:14 am

Simply delectable!!

2. InTolerantChef — November 30, 2010 @ 4:45 am

I prefer to make the eggless version as well. It’s always safe to take to a party if you don’t know if there will be enough fridge space.

3. Candice — November 30, 2010 @ 10:57 am

thanks for sharing. Great idea to use lock-and-lock , sealed and served directly :)

Btw, do you have any idea replacement for mascarpone cheese ?

Same as Juju- any replacement for Kahlua??

• wiffy replied: — November 30th, 2010 @ 4:41 pm

Hi Candice, I don’t know of any replacement for mascarpone cheese.

About the Kahlua, please refer to my answer to Juju :)

• jefel replied: — April 10th, 2012 @ 3:41 am

you can use cream cheese

4. maameemoomoo — November 30, 2010 @ 5:48 pm

Eggless!!!

Actually the eggs don’t make much difference.. so long your cream mixture rocks, which yours is!!

ps : that brand u used (Vicenzi) is my all time fav!

5. Marysol — December 1, 2010 @ 12:58 am

For her birthday, my daughter always requests Tiramisu, instead of birthday cake. If there are any leftovers, I usually make them quickly disappear.
    And I always regret the extra calories. Not really.

However, seeing your delicious, eggless version, of this wonderful dessert, has me riveted.

I might be in trouble here, if I’m lucky.

6. Jun — December 1, 2010 @ 1:57 am

I am loving this, Wiffy! I can finish the whole batch all by myself. I am a sucker for coffee-based treats!

7. beachlover — December 1, 2010 @ 2:28 am

I like the eggless version of tiramisu too!! easy to make no baking needed,right?

8. Juliana — December 1, 2010 @ 5:31 am

Wiffy, this tiramisu looks great, love the idea of eggless version of tiramisu…great great pictures as well…yummie!

9. Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets — December 1, 2010 @ 11:48 am

You make some good points about the advantages of eggless. And you lose none of the richness as there’s plenty of mascarpone. Thanks for posting this great recipe for my favorite dessert :).

10. Reeni — December 2, 2010 @ 9:31 am

Great idea to make it eggless! And to put it right into those containers! Looks really delicious!