Sambal Okra Stir-fry Recipe Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe Lady Finger with Sambal Belacan Dip Recipe Summer Rolls Recipe

Eggless Tiramisu

Eggless Tiramisu Recipe

Check Out: Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe

This recipe is courtesy of my buddy Anemone who came over my place and taught me how to make tiramisu, a popular Italian dessert. Tiramisu literally meant “pick me up” thanks to the ingredients coffee, liquor and sugar. She had a lot of experience making tiramisu and she do not even need to refer to a recipe during the making. So I took advantage of her expertise and let her do most of the work while I’m just snapped some photos hehe. For convenience, we made the tiramisu directly in two 13x13cm square Lock&Lock containers so that we can lid and chill it right away.  Both of us prefer the eggless version because we are not entirely comfortable with eating raw eggs and without eggs, it will also keep longer in the fridge. If you have a bit of leftover cream and ingredients from making the layered cake, serve the tiramisu in a glass (or ramekin) recipe which uses the same base tiramisu recipe.

Printable Recipe
 Eggless Tiramisu Recipe 1. In a large mixing bowl, mix mascarpone chese, vanilla extract, sugar and kahlua (coffee liquor) with a spatula until  well combined. Then fold in the thickened cream until the mixture is of a nice creamy consistency.
Eggless Tiramisu Recipe 2. Add espresso coffee and kahlua in a wide and shallow dish. Dip one lady fingers biscuit halfway lengthwise and quickly in the coffee solution.
Eggless Tiramisu Recipe 3. Arranged dipped lady fingers biscuit within a food container to form one layer of the cake. Spread a layer of cream mixture you prepared earlier over the biscuits with the back of your spoon.
Eggless Tiramisu Recipe 4. Dust a thin layer of cocoa powder using a fine sieve.
Eggless Tiramisu Recipe 5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 to form a second layer of cake. Cover with lid and chill the cake for a few hours till set. Slice and serve with fresh berries.
Eggless tiramisu (served in a glass) recipe 6. If you have leftover ingredients, serve the tiramisu in a ramekin or martini glass. Get the recipe here.

83 Responses to “Eggless Tiramisu”

1. Christine@Christine's Recipes — November 29, 2010 @ 4:00 pm

I also learned an eggless tiramisu recipe from a friend. I often use Pyrex container and make it to bring along to parties. It’s a great hit in every party.

• wiffy replied: — November 30th, 2010 @ 4:34 pm

I saw yours and it looked absolutely fabulous!

2. mochachocolatarita — November 29, 2010 @ 4:25 pm

oh yummmms….this is soo going to be bookmarked! :D

3. Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover — November 29, 2010 @ 4:48 pm

This is amazing, the steps are so easy and simple, I gonna to try this out very soon. Thanks for kind sharing.

4. Angie's Recipes — November 29, 2010 @ 6:26 pm

Delicious! It has been ages since I last had tiramisu…..thank you for the detailed instructions.

5. HoppingHammy — November 29, 2010 @ 9:48 pm

Wonderful idea to make it egg-less! I’ve never had tiramisu for that reason (the raw egg) because it also frightens me at the thought, but would gladly try this recipe without worry. Lovely photos too! I’m totally in love with that plate in the first photo. ^-^

• wiffy replied: — November 30th, 2010 @ 4:35 pm

oh yes isn’t the plate so girly frilly and not to mention punchi ;)

6. ting — November 29, 2010 @ 10:41 pm

Never tried making tiramisu before and you made it look so easy :)
    May I ask which brand of cocoa powder do you use? Neccessay to use the expensive type – Valrhona?

• wiffy replied: — November 30th, 2010 @ 4:37 pm

I’m not using the branded stuff – just tudor gold which is cheap but of course if you can afford it, you can use the expensive types :)

• ting replied: — December 1st, 2010 @ 5:15 pm

thanks for the info! :)

7. wyyv — November 29, 2010 @ 10:49 pm

I like this so much :D

8. norma — November 29, 2010 @ 11:07 pm

I like this version…I’ll take tiramis in any way or form

9. JuJu — November 30, 2010 @ 12:31 am

Hi,

Can I use vanilla essence to replace pure vanilla extract? Dun tink they are the same yah? (:

So most of the ingredients I can find in Cold Storage? I dun hv Kahlua @ home.. wonder if there’s any small bottle avail for sale? :p

• wiffy replied: — November 30th, 2010 @ 4:39 pm

pure (100%) vanilla extract is better but yes, you can use vanilla essence too.

Yep, you can find most of the ingredients at Cold Storage or Carrefourre. There are other brands of coffee liquor besides Kahlua. I’m not sure if miniature bottles are sold. I bought mine at Singapore DFS only S$20+ for a large bottle. If you or your friends are travelling, you can buy it there.

• Calida replied: — February 22nd, 2013 @ 2:17 pm

May i know where can u buy pure vanilla extract?

10. tigerfish — November 30, 2010 @ 1:58 am

I enjoy making eggless tiramisu as well. Keeps better than the egg version. And tiramisu is one of the few “cakes” I know how to make (or bake?). Kekekeke

• wiffy replied: — November 30th, 2010 @ 4:58 pm

tiramisu is no-bake mah… hehe…