Fermented Bean Curd (Nam Yee) Chicken Wings Recipe MyKuali White Curry Noodles Easy Waffles Recipe Samyang Fried Chicken Ramyun Air-fried Vegetarian Zai Er Recipe Ipoh Hor Fun Recipe

Egg Mayonnaise Sandwich

Egg Mayonnaise Sandwich
Egg Mayonnaise Sandwich for Breakfast or Picnic

This is a really short and simple recipe. If you are making them for breakfast, you can prepare the hard boiled eggs the night before so that you cut down on the preparation time in the morning. I used to takeaway egg mayo sandwiches at a cafe near my place so I recreated this familiar taste at home based on my memory. I think it’s such a nice treat to have this on the breakfast table :)

Ingredients
(Serves 3)

- 3 hard boiled eggs*, egg whites chopped finely (I included 1 of the egg yolk and discarded the rest – it’s up to you)
- 1 tomato, sliced thinly
- a few romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise (I used Japanese mayo but you can use other types as well)
- 1 tsp mustard
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- soft white bread
- butter or margarine spread

* Directions for making hard boiled eggs
To cook perfect hard boiled eggs, place eggs in saucepan of cold water (enough water to cover eggs). Bring to a boil for about 2 minutes, off the flame and cover with lid for about 10 minutes. Rinse the eggs with cold water till they are cooled. Crack the eggs gently with a spoon and remove shell. Cut in half.

Directions for making egg mayonnaise sandwich
1. In a bowl, mix evenly chopped egg, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper.
2. Spread some butter margarine on a slice of bread.
3. Spread egg mayonnaise mixture you made in step 1, tomato slices and lettuce leaves. Top with another slice of bread. Cut into half diagonally if desired before serving.

Cooking Notes:
1. If you are taking the sandwiches to a picnic or storing leftover sandwiches in the fridge, wrap each sandwich with cling wrap all round to preserve freshness.
2. For healthier choice, I only included the egg yolk of 1 egg but if you do not mind the cholesterol content found in egg yolks, you can include all the egg yolks. Egg yolks are yummy ;)

Egg Mayonnaise Sandwich

63 Responses to “Egg Mayonnaise Sandwich”

1. foodyjourney — September 9, 2009 @ 11:58 pm

I just came across your blog and absolutely love it! In fact, I’ve bookmarked a few of your recipes :-)

• wiffy replied: — September 11th, 2009 @ 12:51 pm

Thanks for visiting me! I’m loving your blog too :)

2. Marc @ NoRecipes — September 10, 2009 @ 12:10 pm

I’ve never thought about eating an egg salad sandwich for breakfast, but it totally makes sense. I need to go boil some eggs now.

3. myasiankitchen — September 11, 2009 @ 7:56 am

simply and yet healthy sandwich!

4. Marysol — September 11, 2009 @ 12:48 pm

Now this, I’m very familiar with, so I have no trouble imagining how wonderful it tastes. It’s also DH’s favorite sandwich.
    The thing is, I’ve only made these for lunch, so thanks dear NC for the nod to a delicious breakfast .

5. Ippo456 — September 18, 2009 @ 5:49 am

Try adding canned tuna (the ones with water, not oil) next time for a more filling sandwich :-)

• wiffy replied: — September 18th, 2009 @ 8:22 am

Thanks for the suggestion. They have water based canned tuna? Gonna look for them. Do I still add the mayo and the other ingredients?

6. Ippo456 — October 2, 2009 @ 9:52 am

Everything else is the same, except you add tuna :-)
    Don’t forget to drain the tuna. You can use oil based tuna, it’s just unhealthy.

ps: I’ve only tried making the tuna egg salad sandwich with normal mayo, as I think Kewpie might be too sweet.

• wiffy replied: — October 3rd, 2009 @ 9:59 am

I’ll try your version when I have tuna. It’s fun to try different variations. Thanks for sharing. :-)

7. gary — December 29, 2009 @ 2:56 am

i like food if its taste good its good food if its bad i dont like it

8. lund — April 6, 2010 @ 9:43 pm

nice article
    it looks so appetizing!
    i’m surely gonna make this one soon, its so damn simple and i believe tasty too….
    ummm bonne appetite

9. Mei Ling — May 28, 2010 @ 12:45 am

Hi, may I know what is freshly cracked black pepper? Where can I buy it? Can I use those bottled ground black pepper? Thks.

• wiffy replied: — May 28th, 2010 @ 10:13 am

Hi Mei Ling, freshly cracked means the pepper go through a hand held pepper grinder. You may have seen it on TV shows where the cook twist the grinder for the pepper. The reason is that freshly cracked pepper is more aromatic because once you grind, the aroma will fade over time. But if you don’t have a pepper grinder, you can use bottled ground pepper :)

• Mei Ling replied: — June 10th, 2010 @ 7:29 am

Hi, thanks for your reply :)

10. Irenemoo — June 24, 2010 @ 9:24 am

Hi..chance upon your site last nite when looking for egg mayo sandwich recipe. Made it this morning for outing with my girls later. Actually would like to thank you for the directions on hard boiled eggs. No more chopsticks to try picking them up ;)