Easy Baked Croutons
Easy Croutons Recipe
Store leftover croutons in a sealed ziplock bag in the freezer. Warm the croutons in an oven or toaster oven whenever needed.
Serves: 2 cups
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 3 slices bread cut to even-sized cubes
- 50 grams butter
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp favourite herbs such as parsley, oregano, rosemary, Italian herbs either fresh, dried or combination of both
- In a heated saucepan, melt butter, garlic powder and salt, stirring to mix well. Coat bread cubes evenly in the melted butter mixture. Season with herbs and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Transfer croutons, one layer, onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake at pre-heated oven of 180°C (356°F) for 15 minutes, or until the croutons are golden and crispy. Add them as topping for your salads and creamy soups.
Noob Cook Tips:
- Instead of soft bread, use sliced French baguette, cut to cubes.
- For healthier choice, you may use olive oil instead of butter.