Dijon Honey Chicken Wings Recipe Beef Claypot Rice Recipe How to Make Grated Ginger Juice Ginger Grater Singapore Char Kway Teow Recipe Philips Airfryer Giveaway

Creamy Tortellini with Ham and Mushrooms

creamy tortellini

Check Out: Easy One-Dish Meals

During our last cook-together, my friend Pam made creamy tortellini to serve alongside Jac’s baked portobello mushrooms and my buffalo wings. As you can imagine, we had quite the feast! Pam’s creamy tortellini was so delicious that I had to cook it soon after the gathering, receiving two thumbs up from my family!  My version is slightly creamier and wetter than Pam’s due to my family’s personal preference. If you love a gourmet tasting and looking pasta dish in under 30 minutes, this is the perfect recipe for you.

creamy tortellini

The recipe uses ready-made tortellini which eliminated the hard work of making the tortellini from scratch (totally suits my style of lazy cooking). This recipe will also work with ravioli as well. Thanks Pam for opening up her beautiful home and kitchen to us, and for sharing her yummy recipe. Can’t wait for our next cooking session!!

19 Responses to “Creamy Tortellini with Ham and Mushrooms”

1. kisetsu — April 20, 2012 @ 10:50 am

Ahhh, because I’m unable to take too much cream sauce, that’s why subconciously when I cook my pasta, it is mostly drier and less soupy. Next time must ask the guests which they prefer. Lolz.

• wiffy replied: — April 21st, 2012 @ 10:43 am

hehe, but I like it both ways, but the other one at home likes creamy pastas – I even added a bit of cream to carbonara though that’s not “authentic” :P

2. Lili — April 20, 2012 @ 11:03 am

It looks yummy! Thanks for the recipe :)

Btw, can I omit white wine? Or substitute with something else? We don’t drink wine regularly. Thanks

• wiffy replied: — April 21st, 2012 @ 10:39 am

Hi Lili, you can omit the white wine, no need to substitute.

3. Z — April 21, 2012 @ 2:06 pm

Hi
    I saw that your self grate the parmesan cheese. Where can I get it cheapest in Singapore?

• wiffy replied: — April 22nd, 2012 @ 5:25 am

I’m not sure where to buy the cheapest in SG. I usually buy mine at either NTUC or Cold Storage.

4. Janine — April 23, 2012 @ 10:54 am

I personally prefer a less creamy more liquid type of sauce so this seems like a perfect recipe to tweak! Those bits of ham in the first few photos are making me drool now since it’s a few hours to lunch…

5. PLoh — April 25, 2012 @ 2:36 am

Where can i find ready made tortellini or ravioli?

• wiffy replied: — April 25th, 2012 @ 12:37 pm

I got mine from Cold Storage, Singapore. Updated the information in the cooking notes.

6. eve — April 27, 2012 @ 5:33 pm

Hi! I notice you use olive oil in yr cooking alot! Can u introduce any brand of olive oil to starters like me? Preferably not too expensive! Thanks!

• wiffy replied: — May 2nd, 2012 @ 2:30 pm

Hi I am using the BORGES brand, got it from NTUC. I buy the 2litres bottle when it’s on sale, and re-bottle them to smaller 1 litre bottle for everyday use.

7. Jenn — May 3, 2012 @ 7:16 am

Hi!

Do you think we can replace the tortellini with spaghetti or other types of pasta? Would the taste be different?

• wiffy replied: — May 3rd, 2012 @ 12:25 pm

Hi Jenn, yes I tried that before and it works – the result is similar to alfredo sauce. But you need to tweak and adjust from the above. I will feature the recipe in the near future :)

8. Felicia — May 3, 2012 @ 8:52 am

Hi Wiffy and all
    I cooked this dish last Sunday, 29 Apr. My family enjoyed it very much. Yes, this is a creamy dish. I served together with Wiffy’s Chicken Caesar Salad (without chicken, I put in mango instead) and both blend very well… if your tummy says too creamy, take the salad and vice versa ;o).
    Thanks Wiffy for sharing your wonderful recipes!
    Felicia

• wiffy replied: — May 3rd, 2012 @ 12:24 pm

Hi Felicia, thanks for trying the recipes :) Caesar salad with mangoes sound good!

9. tcs — July 31, 2012 @ 9:58 am

hey where can i get a bottle of white wine? thx…

10. tcs — August 1, 2012 @ 9:35 am

hey,another question
    can i replace the white wine with something else or can i not add the white wine to the creamy tortellini? thx