Creamy Tortellini with Ham and Mushrooms
Creamy Tortellini with Ham and Mushrooms Recipe
This is a really flexible recipe; you can easily adjust the consistency & creaminess of the sauce by tweaking the amount of chicken stock, cheese and cream. This recipe will work with both tortellini and ravioli.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 140 grams refrigerated tortellini
- 20 grams butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 100 grams button mushrooms stalks removed, sliced thinly
- 50 grams ham diced
- 3 tbsp chicken stock
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp fresh thickened cream
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Cook tortellini in boiling water according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat butter and olive oil in pan. Fry onions until they start to become translucent (about a minute or two), then add the garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms. After 1 minute, add ham. Stir fry until the mushrooms are softened.
- Add chicken stock and white wine. Once the sauce is simmering, add cheese and cream; stir to mix well.
- Return cooked tortellini to the pan to coat evenly in the sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.