Sambal Okra Stir-fry Recipe Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe Lady Finger with Sambal Belacan Dip Recipe Summer Rolls Recipe

Cream of Portobello Mushroom Soup

Cream of Portobello Mushroom Soup

Check Out: Potato and Leek Soup Recipe

I cooked this soup for my friend who only eats vegetables and seafood. We had this soup with some grilled scallops and shrimps aglio olio. I’ve always like portobello mushrooms for their deep, earthy flavours and “meaty” texture. The deep flavours of the portobello mushrooms goes well with the subtle aroma of the white wine. The mushroom bits and cream give the soup a velvety and nice texture. The soup is creamy and slightly chunky so it is filling on its own. We serve it with some basil macadamia pesto on toast.

Cream of Portobello Mushroom Soup

78 Responses to “Cream of Portobello Mushroom Soup”

1 2 3 5
  1. ravenouscouple — October 21, 2009 @ 8:42 pm

yum…this looks like a great combination of soup and bread!

2. k n i t t i e s — October 21, 2009 @ 9:57 pm

Ok, this has got to be the most delicious looking soup! I love good mushroom soup (not the canned variety, of course). I adore Daiso too and that bowl is the cutest.

• wiffy replied: — October 25th, 2009 @ 5:34 pm

I think a lot of us here love shopping at Daiso, heh…

3. Ellena — October 21, 2009 @ 10:29 pm

Wow.. this soup sure look great!!!! I love mushroom soup the most out of all the westen soup… thanks for sharing :)

• wiffy replied: — October 25th, 2009 @ 5:34 pm

me too, mushroom soup is one of my fave type of western soup :)

4. lisaiscooking — October 21, 2009 @ 11:09 pm

Sounds like a delicious meal! I’m a fan of portobellos too, and your soup looks great.

5. HoppingHammy — October 21, 2009 @ 11:32 pm

wiffy, this set of photos is SO nice! :up: Not only does the food look amazing, but the whole color combo and arrangement looks fresh and bursting with color. I think the blue “punchi” bowl has a great deal to play in making this all look so good. ;)

VERY nice!

• wiffy replied: — October 25th, 2009 @ 5:26 pm

Yes, I do believe the “punchi” bowl makes all the difference ;)

Thanks girl for your kind comments :)

6. Bob — October 22, 2009 @ 12:30 am

I’m not a big mushroom fan, but it sure looks lovely. Heh. And macadamia pesto? That sounds awesome. Is that a recipe from here? Did I somehow miss it?

• wiffy replied: — October 25th, 2009 @ 5:26 pm

Hi Bob, the pesto will be featured as an upcoming recipe :-)

7. Margot — October 22, 2009 @ 3:57 am

Love the flavours in this soup and photos like usually… first class! :)

• wiffy replied: — October 25th, 2009 @ 5:26 pm

Thanks Margot … you are too kind!

8. Ching — October 22, 2009 @ 6:02 am

Oh yum, would love to steal the bowl of soup from the screen.

9. Reenic — October 22, 2009 @ 8:10 am

The bowls are adorable! And the soup so rich and flavorful! That pesto sounds so delicious too! :XO:

10. The Sudden Cook — October 22, 2009 @ 9:21 am

Wow! Looks very rich and am pretty sure like you said it can be a meal on its own. Nice!

1 2 3 4