Couscous Salad Recipe
Use your favourite ingredients to dress up this salad, and replace the chicken stock with vegetable stock for a meatless version. If you don't want to use the stove, heat the stock using the microwave oven.
Total Time: 5 mins
- 150 ml chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 120 grams instant couscous
- 10 cherry tomatoes quartered
- 10 pitted black olives diced
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onions
- 1/2 cup corn nibblets
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- lemon wedges
- In a pot, bring chicken stock to a boil. Turn off the stove. Add couscous to the hot stock and cover the pot with lid.
- After 5 minutes, open the lid and fluff up the cooked couscous with a fork.
- Add tomatoes, olives, spring onion, corn and olive oil. Stir to mix evenly. Season with salt and black pepper. Serve with a lemon wedge.