Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe Lady Finger with Sambal Belacan Dip Recipe Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe

Coca-Cola Chicken Wings

Coca-Cola Chicken Wings

We are all familiar with Coca-Cola (Coke) as a drink but do you know it can be used in cooking too? C0ca-Cola Chicken Wings (可乐鸡翅), is a classic Chinese recipe where Coke is used as the base of the simmering sauce, which not only tenderises but also cameralises the chicken wings. The result is delicious, finger-licking good chicken wings with a sweet & sticky glaze.

Check Out: Chicken Wings Recipes

This is a super easy recipe with only a few ingredients and steps. I used to drink 1 can of Coke a day in my teens but nowadays I hardly touch any sweet drinks now as I became conscious about sugar intake. Sneaking in Coke into home cooking somehow feels less guilty than drinking it (even if it’s not true)!

Coca-Cola Chicken Wings

54 Responses to “Coca-Cola Chicken Wings”

1. tigerfish — November 4, 2011 @ 1:06 pm

Mid-joint (plus the wing tip) is my favorite part of the chicken wing, to be specific. So I definitely love this. I remember trying BBQ wings marinated with Coke and five-spice powder when I was much younger and it was finger-licking good. Never tried cooking that at home though. This recipe looks easy. Shall try it when I get the big cooking mojo back.

2. Angie — November 4, 2011 @ 6:23 pm

I’m almost done wif confinement mth n can’t wait to cook tis! It looks yummy n convenient to make – perfect for me, now tt I’ve got to handle 2 kids! ;)

3. mycookinghut — November 4, 2011 @ 7:44 pm

Looks absolutely yummy! I am going to give it a go !!

4. Fern @ To Food with Love — November 5, 2011 @ 7:43 am

Mmmmmm….these wings look so glossy, juicy and delicious! I have yet to use Coke in cooking, but these look too good to pass up on, so I will bookmark this recipe for SOON! :)

5. kirbie — November 11, 2011 @ 3:59 am

Interesting. This sounds good and I like that it uses Cola. My mom sometimes adds Sprite when making marinated soy sauce chicken, but we’ve never tried coke.

6. Platanos, Mangoes and Me! — December 20, 2011 @ 7:12 pm

Have head of using coca cola before.  Looking at these wings…so juicy and caramelized…

7. Jade Tee — January 3, 2012 @ 5:16 pm

Thank you so much for sharing this simple and delicious recipe. I did try out last weekend, is so delicious. Yum!Yum! I will cook more coca-cola chicken wing, because i bought the 1.25ml one… hahaha.. :)

• wiffy replied: — January 3rd, 2012 @ 8:37 pm

glad you like it! :)

8. Alycat — January 26, 2012 @ 3:08 am

Would it change the recipe drastically if I only used one type of soy sauce (dark)?

• wiffy replied: — February 26th, 2012 @ 7:21 pm

sorry for the late reply. Yes can use one type if that’s all you have, add salt to taste if needed.

9. Brenda — February 26, 2012 @ 6:11 pm

Hi,

I tried it but after cooking for more than 15mins I still don’t get he desire results. My gravy is still watery and doesn’t turn sticky. Anything went wrong?

• wiffy replied: — February 26th, 2012 @ 7:20 pm

Hi did you measure the coca-cola? it’s 200ml, not the whole can. and water also 200ml. simmer between 15-20 minutes, or until reduced.

10. ting — March 4, 2012 @ 10:53 pm

tried this recipe tonite. like that it needed only a few basic seasonings, and was easy, but the wings turned out yummy. combining two of my fav food. lol. definitely will make this again. thanks for the recipe.