Fermented Bean Curd (Nam Yee) Chicken Wings Recipe MyKuali White Curry Noodles Easy Waffles Recipe Samyang Fried Chicken Ramyun Air-fried Vegetarian Zai Er Recipe Ipoh Hor Fun Recipe

Claypot Yong Tau Foo in Taucheo Chilli

Claypot Yong Tau Foo in Taucheo Chilli

Check Out: Claypot Recipes

My mum makes a superb and incredibly easy taucheo chilli sauce with only 3 basic ingredients – garlic, chilli padi and taucheo (soy bean paste/ 豆酱). Besides using it in my steamed flower crabs recipe, my other favourite use of this taucheo chilli is to cook it in claypot with yong tau foo, and it’s simply so delicious that I will finish all that savoury and spicy sauce with extra helpings of rice. This is certainly another of my favourite everyday home-styled dish (家常菜). I love cooking with yong tau foo (niang dou fu/酿豆腐) as they provides a lot of food variety in one dish – definitely a well-balanced and healthy dish in under 30 minutes. All I need to cook to go with this dish is steamed rice.

Claypot Yong Tau Foo

For best results, cook this dish in a claypot though you can also use a regular wok or pan.

18 Responses to “Claypot Yong Tau Foo in Taucheo Chilli”

1. Madc Wee via Facebook — April 9, 2012 @ 7:34 pm

Mmmmmmm….

2. Samantha — April 9, 2012 @ 10:13 pm

Hi Wiffy, mmmm this sounds really good n can’t wait to attempt it! But one question : what is the half cup of water for? Not sure if u missed this out coz I don’t think half cup is for boiling the yong tau hoo pcs? Thanks!

• wiffy replied: — April 9th, 2012 @ 10:53 pm

Hi Samantha, sorry I forgot to mention the water in the instructions. You are right, it’s for making the sauce. I’ve updated the recipe. Thanks!

3. Little Corner of Mine — April 9, 2012 @ 10:30 pm

Sounds great! I only wish I can buy the ready made fresh youg taufu.

4. Little Inbox — April 9, 2012 @ 10:48 pm

I can imagine hoe delicious it is! I’m hungry….

5. tigerfish — April 10, 2012 @ 9:06 am

Yes, like LCOM, I wish I could buy ready made fresh youg taufu over here! :O

In Singapore, my parents have Yong Tau Foo every Saturday…in the form of kway teow soup. My Dad would buy Yong Tau Foo (the ingredients) from the market and for lunch, it would be Yong Tau Foo kway teow soup. How conveniently good!

• wiffy replied: — April 11th, 2012 @ 10:46 am

I really took it for granted here!

6. daphne — April 10, 2012 @ 11:41 am

I think that the sauce you mention will go well with nearly all seafood! Cant wait to get my hands on some YTF!

7. lisaiscooking — April 11, 2012 @ 3:02 am

The chilli sauce sounds great in this! I would happily finish the sauce with rice too.

8. Juliana — April 11, 2012 @ 4:24 am

Love tofu recipes…and this one looks so flavorful…love the clay pot cooked dishes.
    Thanks for this recipe Wiffy and hope you are having a fabulous week :)

9. MaryMoh — April 12, 2012 @ 5:48 am

Ooooh…I want these. I wish I can find here where I don;t have to cook. Now, maybe I should learn to cook. But then it’s not easy to get tofu here. Maybe I should omit the tofu. Drooling :D Thanks very much for sharing.

10. Wendy — April 12, 2012 @ 10:17 am

Looks like yong tau foo is already made. Do they come in frozen? I wonder if I can buy it in the U.S. Chinese market.

• wiffy replied: — April 12th, 2012 @ 4:03 pm

Hi Wendy, I’m not sure where to buy ytf in US… maybe you can try Chinatown, or make your own.