Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe Lady Finger with Sambal Belacan Dip Recipe Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe

Claypot Chicken Rice

Claypot Chicken Rice

I really love claypot chicken rice (沙锅/煲仔鸡饭) and it is the main reason why I recently added a claypot to my growing list of cookware. Before I bought a claypot, I cooked claypot rice using a rice cooker, and I just have to say that the taste of this dish cooked in a claypot is just unbeatable.

See Also: Claypot Rice with Beef & Egg Recipe

The rice cooked using a claypot has a wonderful smoky flavour and a nice crust which I just can’t achieve using a rice cooker. This is a great one-dish and balanced meal with meat, mushrooms and vegetables.

Claypot Chicken Rice

Claypot cooking is growing on me and I can’t wait to experiment with more types of claypot rice. For those into claypot cooking, do check out my article on claypot cooking care including tips on how to prep it for first time use.

42 Responses to “Claypot Chicken Rice”

1 2 3
  1. Little Inbox — October 27, 2011 @ 10:21 pm

Can top it with an egg too. :P

2. Little Corner of Mine — October 27, 2011 @ 11:26 pm

Looks great! I tried made it once and I burnt my rice and it took me forever to clean it. :(

3. daphne — October 28, 2011 @ 10:02 am

Worth the investment ;) oh when the flavours combined… Yum! and it’s one pot meal!

4. masterofboots — October 28, 2011 @ 10:10 am

this looks spectacular! It’s like professional cooking we see outside. way to go. And i so love claypot rice too :)

5. tigerfish — October 28, 2011 @ 11:53 am

Looks like I really need to get a good claypot soon. Wish me not lazy, please! I enjoy a good claypot rice anytime as well. Really a comfy one-pot dish (I like the fact you added the vegetables) esp. in the fall/winter months.

6. josephine — October 29, 2011 @ 9:28 am

hi
    I enjoy reading your blog cos the steps is very clear and easy to follow. Thanks for all the effort ya… Have been looking for a good claypot, may I know where did you buy your claypot and what should I do for the 1st time to use.

• wiffy replied: — October 30th, 2011 @ 6:28 pm

Hi, I bought my claypot at one of the shops facing Chinatown Complex (hawker centre in Chinatown, SG). The shop sells lots of crockery including claypots.

Check out this link for claypot care: http://www.noobcook.com/claypot-cooking-care/

7. Shirley@kokken69 — October 29, 2011 @ 11:03 pm

This looks scrumptious. Do you have to pre- treat the clay pot before using?

8. mycookinghut — October 30, 2011 @ 10:04 pm

Oh yes please, would love some!

9. Michelle Tan — October 31, 2011 @ 11:39 am

How big is the claypot? Medium size?

• wiffy replied: — October 31st, 2011 @ 12:30 pm

my claypot measures 18cm in diameter and capacity of slightly over 500ml. ideal for dishes like claypot dishes without rice, but for claypot rice, get something bigger than this will be more ideal.

10. pigpigscorner — October 31, 2011 @ 2:17 pm

I usually cook this using a rice cooker too! Time to invest in a proper claypot!

1 2 3