10-Minute Matcha Latte Recipe Braised Tofu Recipe Tomato Eggs Recipe Chinese Salted Veg Duck Soup Recipe Simmered Pumpkin Japanese Recipe Szechuan Vegetable Duck Soup Recipe

Chocolate Lava Cake

Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe

My buddy Anemone showed me this yummy looking Chocolate Lava Cake recipe and we made a date to come over my place to make it. It was really fun for friends to cook together!

You May Also Like: Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe

I don’t normally have a sweet tooth, and I wasn’t really acquainted with this French dessert, but my friend convinced me that I will like it. She was right – it was really good! Not too sweet like most desserts are, and just the right amount of chocolatey-ness. Not just any chocolate, but warm & oozing runny chocolate goodness (hence the names chocolate lava cake/molten chocolate cake/chocolate fondant pudding).

Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe

Both my friend and I agreed that it is a very simple recipe and we succeeded in making it to the right consistency on the first attempt (chocolate oozing out when cut in the middle). I think this is an excellent dessert to serve when entertaining guests – simply prepare everything in advance, and after your guests have finished their main course, just pop the ramekins into the oven for 10 minutes. Your guests will really be impressed with how effortless you whip up a warm and delicious dessert with no sweat and in no time at all – never mind the messy behind-the-scenes, you would have washed up before they arrived.

225 Responses to “Chocolate Lava Cake”

1 4 5 6 7 8 16
  1. Jai — December 5, 2010 @ 5:15 am

Greetings from Belgium! Just made it, was super delicious! Thank you for the recipe!

• wiffy replied: — December 5th, 2010 @ 9:10 pm

Thanks Jai, glad it turned out yummy :)

2. Sharon — December 6, 2010 @ 2:13 pm

If I am to bake the cakes in the morning and take them out for dinner, will the lava inside solidify? Cos I’m intending to bring them to a friend’s potluck and will not have time to bake them when I’m at her house. :)

3. Clara — December 30, 2010 @ 6:31 pm

Hi there!
    I just made it!
    I taste good but I over-baked it and got chocolate cake. But one thing strange is that once I took it out of the oven, a pool of oil was on the surface of the hot cake.
    I immediately poured it away and it was oil from the butter I think.
    Why do you think happened?

Oh, I used dark chocolate but less than 70% cacao as the store did not carry them.

4. helen — February 21, 2011 @ 9:50 pm

hi! i tried the recipe accordingly as mentioned above, but didn’t get the runny chocolate consistency :( And i only baked for 8 mins! Any ideas how to improve it? Could the ‘melted chocolate’ consistency be one of a reason?

5. Faye — March 7, 2011 @ 9:52 pm

Hello! Choco lava cakes are soo good. and i’m planning to make some soon :)
    but i have some questions :D can i substitute caster sugar to plain sugar?
    and as well as self-raisng flour to a plain/all-purpose flour? thanks so much
    those pictures makes me drool :D i want some now! haha Great recipe by the way

6. Pepy @Indonesia Eats — April 2, 2011 @ 11:05 pm

Wiffy, we have the same blue ramekin. But I don’t have the white one. Mine is blue and green. Anyway, I want to lick the monitor. I wish this is real in front of me LOL

7. Jun — April 4, 2011 @ 12:19 am

This is gonna be in my menu next week! Well done! Me gonna get those ramekins.

8. Pinkie Senorita — April 23, 2011 @ 2:48 pm

Thank u so so soooooooooooo muh for d recipe. i made it and ate it and it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yummy! (hehehe) i loooved it! it tasted amazing!!!!!! now i make it every day for desert n all my frnds have eaten my cake n dey loved it n told me i was a SUPER cook!!!!!!! thank u sooooooooooo much for dis YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMY choco lava cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Elaine — May 21, 2011 @ 3:55 am

Need an answer quickly. Can you bake the lava cakes in advance of serving them (like a few hours before).

• wiffy replied: — May 25th, 2011 @ 2:34 pm

Sorry for my late reply. I have not tried baking them in advance, but I would think they are best served warm because of the runny chocolate.

1 4 5 6 7 8 16