Sambal Quail Eggs Recipe Braised Ee-Fu Noodles Recipe Teh 'C' Recipe Watermelon Soju Recipe Bittergourd Salted Egg Recipe Myojo Ramen Char Mee 100 (Instant Noodles Review)

Chocolate Lava Cake

Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe

My buddy Anemone showed me this yummy looking Chocolate Lava Cake recipe and we made a date to come over my place to make it. It was really fun for friends to cook together!

You May Also Like: Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe

I don’t normally have a sweet tooth, and I wasn’t really acquainted with this French dessert, but my friend convinced me that I will like it. She was right – it was really good! Not too sweet like most desserts are, and just the right amount of chocolatey-ness. Not just any chocolate, but warm & oozing runny chocolate goodness (hence the names chocolate lava cake/molten chocolate cake/chocolate fondant pudding).

Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe

Both my friend and I agreed that it is a very simple recipe and we succeeded in making it to the right consistency on the first attempt (chocolate oozing out when cut in the middle). I think this is an excellent dessert to serve when entertaining guests – simply prepare everything in advance, and after your guests have finished their main course, just pop the ramekins into the oven for 10 minutes. Your guests will really be impressed with how effortless you whip up a warm and delicious dessert with no sweat and in no time at all – never mind the messy behind-the-scenes, you would have washed up before they arrived.

215 Responses to “Chocolate Lava Cake”

1 3 4 5 6 7 16
  1. p00pie — August 5, 2010 @ 12:51 pm

I just tried it… finished so easy, so quick, so yummy
    first i thought its not properly baked yet so i put two in oven longer while the first one exactly 10 minutes…

the first one ended up being the right one hehehe very chocolaty compare to the other two which had been overbaked but it was nice still

thank you for the recipe and the step by step

love your site :) greetings from down under sydney :)

• wiffy replied: — August 8th, 2010 @ 1:45 am

hi p00pie, glad they are successful! :)

yes, they are still reasonably good if you accidentally over bake them. but of course nothing beats the oozing chocolaty deliciousness of perfectly baked lava cakes :)

2. Hene — September 25, 2010 @ 8:21 am

-has died and gone to heaven- so good!!

3. Bela — October 20, 2010 @ 1:10 am

Oh, this is awesome! Here in Brazil we call this dessert “petit gateau” (literally, french for little cake) , but I doubt that’s the original french name. I’m dying to try this recipe.

4. Mary — November 3, 2010 @ 11:18 pm

what if would use plain flour instead of self-raising flour?

• wiffy replied: — November 5th, 2010 @ 1:35 pm

I think self-raising flour has baking powder in it too. You can try plain flour with more baking powder to see if it works, though I’ve not tried substituting the flour myself.

5. Pegasus — November 20, 2010 @ 12:02 pm

I WAS suppose to do the ikan billis powder… must be computer error, came to this page instead. :P So i followed the in the instructions and it was YUM!!! Wat happened to the ikan billis? I threw all into the pot… picked them out slowly after that.

• wiffy replied: — November 20th, 2010 @ 8:48 pm

how bizarre… coz both recipes are so different! but glad the cake came out well ;)

6. mmuff74 — November 20, 2010 @ 1:12 pm

i’m super keen to try this recipe but i dun hv an oven at home. i only hv a toaster oven.. will it work the same with a toaster oven?

• wiffy replied: — November 20th, 2010 @ 8:47 pm

I don’t own a toaster oven so I’m not sure. I think you can try if your toaster oven can select temperature.

7. Jai — December 5, 2010 @ 5:15 am

Greetings from Belgium! Just made it, was super delicious! Thank you for the recipe!

• wiffy replied: — December 5th, 2010 @ 9:10 pm

Thanks Jai, glad it turned out yummy :)

8. Sharon — December 6, 2010 @ 2:13 pm

Hi!
    If I am to bake the cakes in the morning and take them out for dinner, will the lava inside solidify? Cos I’m intending to bring them to a friend’s potluck and will not have time to bake them when I’m at her house. :)

9. Clara — December 30, 2010 @ 6:31 pm

Hi there!
    I just made it!
    I taste good but I over-baked it and got chocolate cake. But one thing strange is that once I took it out of the oven, a pool of oil was on the surface of the hot cake.
    I immediately poured it away and it was oil from the butter I think.
    Why do you think happened?

Oh, I used dark chocolate but less than 70% cacao as the store did not carry them.
    Thanks!

10. helen — February 21, 2011 @ 9:50 pm

hi! i tried the recipe accordingly as mentioned above, but didn’t get the runny chocolate consistency :( And i only baked for 8 mins! Any ideas how to improve it? Could the ‘melted chocolate’ consistency be one of a reason?

1 3 4 5 6 7 14