Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe Teh C Peng "Special" Recipe Gula Melaka (Palm Sugar) Sambal Quail Eggs Recipe Braised Ee-Fu Noodles Recipe

Chocolate Lava Cake

Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe

My buddy Anemone showed me this yummy looking Chocolate Lava Cake recipe and we made a date to come over my place to make it. It was really fun for friends to cook together!

You May Also Like: Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe

I don’t normally have a sweet tooth, and I wasn’t really acquainted with this French dessert, but my friend convinced me that I will like it. She was right – it was really good! Not too sweet like most desserts are, and just the right amount of chocolatey-ness. Not just any chocolate, but warm & oozing runny chocolate goodness (hence the names chocolate lava cake/molten chocolate cake/chocolate fondant pudding).

Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe

Both my friend and I agreed that it is a very simple recipe and we succeeded in making it to the right consistency on the first attempt (chocolate oozing out when cut in the middle). I think this is an excellent dessert to serve when entertaining guests – simply prepare everything in advance, and after your guests have finished their main course, just pop the ramekins into the oven for 10 minutes. Your guests will really be impressed with how effortless you whip up a warm and delicious dessert with no sweat and in no time at all – never mind the messy behind-the-scenes, you would have washed up before they arrived.

216 Responses to “Chocolate Lava Cake”

1 9 10 11 12 13 16

i’m overboardddddddddddddddd
    i <3 this recipe
    i'm in LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    WiTh ThIs ReCiPe
    Ha HA Ha
    I AM A FAIRY
    FROM another world and i want to taste this world's food
    by my magic i will hav every ingrediants
    byeeeeeeeeeee

4. Shirley — September 20, 2012 @ 10:20 am

I have to throw away my old recipe and replace this one!!! It is shockingly more chocolate leaking out compare to the old recipe I had. I did the batter last night and put in the chiller. The next day, I just preheat & put in the microwave 180 degC for 12mins. It’s so successful, I have to say that we enjoyed our belated 8th anniversary breakfast cake…. hehe.

My hubby only worried that whether the eggs r cooked. I think with the batter bubbling inside, it should be. U know what I would love to try next? I would love to try with Kahlua. I have a bottle in my fridge, but it has been siting for years. Last year, in order to use some Kahlua liquor, I have to end up making tiramisu. But it is too pricey as Mascapone Cheese itself is already expensive, not to mention the time & effort used.

Right now, I have to digest the sinfully rich chocolate & rest for quite sometime before I think abt making this chocolate lava cake again.

5. Shirley — September 20, 2012 @ 10:34 am

Oh! One more thing to mention is that…… I didn’t use an electric whisk. It wasn’t so hard & tire. It’s also for ppl who never buy electric whisk or like me….. scared turning ON electric whisk will wake up the sleepy children. Just whisk it while u are watching ur favourite TV shows, u will find how fast it froth.

• Fracia replied: — September 30th, 2012 @ 8:41 pm

Hi,
      I jus wanna ask if I can add raisins in the chocolate batter

6. chocolovie — October 6, 2012 @ 2:46 am

when baking should i put in the top/bottom/middle rack? And should i on the top/bottom/both flame when baking?

• wiffy replied: — October 6th, 2012 @ 8:28 pm

Hi, I usually place mine in the middle rack.

• chocolovie replied: — October 7th, 2012 @ 5:05 pm

what about the coil thing? the one that makes the oven hot not really sure whats the actual name for it. but do i on only the top? the bottom? or both?

7. jasmine — October 9, 2012 @ 6:19 pm

i tried baking the cakes using the muffin tray, however it was too cooked.. still moist, still lovely but without the flowing lava.
    cheated a little by sticking in a little piece of chocolate to the middle of the cake and baked it a little longer, just enough for the chocolate to melt.

conclusion: cheating works! now i have a tray of moist chocolate cake with flowing middles.!

8. shivangi — October 21, 2012 @ 1:47 pm

This is simply amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It tastes like heaven.
    God bless the inventor!!!!
    MAMA MIA!!

9. Pauline — October 25, 2012 @ 4:07 pm

Hi,

Just checking; after putting the ramekins on the baking tray, do I need to fill it with water before putting the tray into the oven?

• wiffy replied: — October 25th, 2012 @ 4:17 pm

Hi Pauline, no need to fill baking tray with water.

• Pauline replied: — October 26th, 2012 @ 8:53 am

Hi Wiffy,

Thanks! Will try baking it soon!

10. PoxonCandice — December 2, 2012 @ 10:09 pm

oh my G!…that’s a must try recipe..i’ll make one this weekend