Snowskin Mooncakes Recipe Birthday Mee Sua (Longevity Noodles) Recipe Mum's Egg Mee Sua Recipe Traditional Baked Mooncakes Recipe Ottogi Korean Cheese Ramen Foochow Red Wine Mee Sua Recipe

Chocolate Lava Cake

Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe

Check Out: Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe

My buddy Anemone showed me this yummy looking Chocolate Lava Cake recipe and we made a date to come over my place to make it. It was really fun for friends to cook together! I don’t normally have a sweet tooth, and I wasn’t really acquainted with this French dessert, but my friend convinced me that I will like it. She was right – it was really good! Not too sweet like most desserts are, and just the right amount of chocolatey-ness. Not just any chocolate, but warm & oozing runny chocolate goodness (hence the names chocolate lava cake/molten chocolate cake/chocolate fondant pudding).

Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe

Both my friend and I agreed that it is a very simple recipe and we succeeded in making it to the right consistency on the first attempt (chocolate oozing out when cut in the middle). I think this is an excellent dessert to serve when entertaining guests – simply prepare everything in advance, and after your guests have finished their main course, just pop the ramekins into the oven for 10 minutes. Your guests will really be impressed with how effortless you whip up a warm and delicious dessert with no sweat and in no time at all – never mind the messy behind-the-scenes, you would have washed up before they arrived.

207 Responses to “Chocolate Lava Cake”

1 2 3 15
  1. Lia Chen — January 20, 2010 @ 10:12 am

OMG! This chocolate lava cake with ice cream is perfect!! Absolutely ‘die die must have’ and I love the blue pastel theme for these pictures :up:

2. mochachocolatarita — January 20, 2010 @ 10:13 am

OH YUMMMMM one of my favorite chocolate desserts! :D

3. HoppingHammy — January 20, 2010 @ 11:12 am

AHHHH! I’m throwing a fit here! I just *HAD* to see this at 10:30 pm, right before bed. :XO: :XO: Sounds delectable, and I also love the pastel color palette you used!

• wiffy replied: — January 21st, 2010 @ 10:26 pm

haha sorry ;) no viewing my blog after 10pm for you hehe

4. Small Small Baker — January 20, 2010 @ 12:58 pm

I keep waiting for this post the moment I saw the photos. Definitely have to try this one day! But I don’t have ramekins at home. You think I can substitute with muffin pans. :)

• wiffy replied: — January 20th, 2010 @ 2:04 pm

Yes u can! Like the original blogger suggested, if you use muffin tray reduce baking time to 8 mins or less. Hope you like it :)

5. 3hungrytummies — January 20, 2010 @ 1:13 pm

Oh don’t tempt me with such delicious sweets when I’m on a diet, that’s another 30 minutes jog :)
    Btw your blog was mentioned by a Malaysian blogger in his interview by Sin Chew Jit Poh :)

• wiffy replied: — January 20th, 2010 @ 2:06 pm

Isn’t it difficult to keep a food blog and diet all at the same time? ;)

Thanks for telling me about the article, was thrilled to read it :halo:

6. Angie@Angie's Recipes — January 20, 2010 @ 1:36 pm

OMG! This is insanely rich chocolate dessert! Great clicks!

7. Joyce — January 20, 2010 @ 3:16 pm

Help me! I’m dying …..need lava cakes pronto! Save me! Save me!

8. MaryMoh — January 20, 2010 @ 5:33 pm

Wow…that sure looks very delicious, especially with the ice cream.

9. tigerfish — January 20, 2010 @ 5:39 pm

I don’t have a sweet tooth too but I’ll say yes to chocolate lava cake definitely, anytime. Whenever I order it from cafes here, I have to pre-order it in advance (giving them at least 20-30minutes) so that the dessert can be ready after the meal. I hate to have a waiting gap between main course and dessert. :O

• wiffy replied: — January 21st, 2010 @ 10:24 pm

haha I’m opposite. I like to eat slowly so I don’t mind the wait. It seems like chocolate lava cake is a dessert which those with no sweet tooth can accept :)

10. The Little Teochew — January 20, 2010 @ 8:26 pm

Oh lordy, that is sooooo sexy!!!

1 2 3 14

1. Pingback: How to Melt Butter Using a Microwave Oven (Step by Step Photos) | NoobCook.com

2. Pingback: How to Melt Chocolate Using a Microwave Oven (Step by Step Photos) | NoobCook.com

3. Pingback: Chocolate Lava Cake « Blog Archive « stay_cafe

4. Pingback: …..Miracles In My Life….. » Blog Archive » lava cake – mission accomplished

5. Pingback: Chocolate lava cake helper « R & J Stories

6. Pingback: Of studying and baking-Day 19 NaBloPoMo « Sisters-Friends Forever

7. Pingback: Chocolate Lava Cake « Bake Cook & Love

8. Pingback: Egg-less Molten Lava Cake « The Mad Scientist's Kitchen!!

9. Pingback: Le Dessert – Chocolate Lava Cake | {mad} Tea Garden