Watermelon Soju Recipe Bittergourd Salted Egg Recipe Myojo Ramen Char Mee 100 (Instant Noodles Review) Snowskin Mooncakes Recipe Birthday Mee Sua (Longevity Noodles) Recipe Mum's Egg Mee Sua Recipe

Chocolate Fondue

Chocolate fondue

You definitely don’t need an expensive tool such as a bain-marie to make your own chocolate fondue – it can easily be made using the microwave or water bath as shown in this recipe. After you make the chocolate fondue, keep it warm over a tealight fondue pot so that it remains liquid soft and smooth. We had marshmallows, fresh strawberries and kiwi fruit to dip in the warm creamy chocolate. Excess chocolate can be poured into chocolate moulds and refrigerated for home-made chocolate bites.

Chocolate fondue party

Chocolate fondue party

Personally, I bought a Hello Kitty electric chocolate cooker called Hello Kitty Choco Chef for the cuteness, however that gadget is no longer selling.

18 Responses to “Chocolate Fondue”

1. Susan — February 12, 2012 @ 4:55 pm

The Hello Kitty choco chef is so cute! And the Hello Kitty chocolate is just too adorable. To get a more “glazed look” for the chocolates, you could use candy melts :)

• wiffy replied: — February 12th, 2012 @ 5:45 pm

thanks for sharing! :)

2. Ann@Anncoo Journal — February 12, 2012 @ 5:50 pm

That’s a cute present :) Happy Valentine’s Day!

3. adelene chin — February 13, 2012 @ 1:32 am

Hi Wiffy Gal,

Thanks for sharing this recipe with us. Love all of your post. The chocolate looks good. in fact, I saw a chocolate mould at Daiso Penang (I am from M’sia by the way) and I am not too sure on how i can use it. Now, with your post – I can make both the fondue & with the leftovers – chocolates

Happy Valentine’s Day as well !!

• wiffy replied: — February 17th, 2012 @ 12:57 pm

Hope you had a great V day and fun with the recipe!

4. The Sudden Cook — February 13, 2012 @ 2:36 pm

I like the part about adding the Baileys to the mix:)

5. Nasi Lemak Lover — February 13, 2012 @ 2:42 pm

Happy Valentine! Oh, you just remind me that i have a fondue set given by my SIL, i think i can do this today since i have strawberry, banana and grapes in my pantry ^_^

6. Christine's Recipes — February 13, 2012 @ 8:08 pm

What a lovely Valentine’s day present !
    With this Hello Kitty choco chef, you can throw a choc party whenever you like. Love to join. :)

7. Little Corner of Mine — February 14, 2012 @ 12:29 am

Chocolate fondue with strawberry definitely scream Valentine’s for me. Happy Valentine’s day to you!

8. tigerfish — February 14, 2012 @ 5:19 am

Is that a Hello Kitty fondue party? I even saw the Hello Kitty box tissue. Hahahah!

Happy Valentine’s Day!

9. food-4tots — February 14, 2012 @ 11:47 pm

What a sweet and cute Valentine’s gift!! It’s extra fun to hear the shout-out. I wish I can have one too! :P

10. Juliana — February 15, 2012 @ 5:45 am

Great treat Wiffy, especially for Valentine’s Day…so cute your Hello Kitty set :)