Chocolate Chip Muffins
Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
Tips for making the chocolate chips float up (not sinked) after baking: use mini chocolate chip morsels and fold in the chocolate chips into the batter only when ready to bake. If they still sink, coat the chips in some flour before folding them.
Serves: 12 muffins with cupcake case measuring 5cm in diameter by 3cm in height
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 200 grams plain flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 150 grams caster or super fine sugar
- 125 ml milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 eggs beaten
- 65 grams butter softened
- 150 grams mini chocolate chips divided
- large bowl & wooden spoon
- disposable baking cases
- muffin baking tray
- Sift flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and sugar into a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add in milk, vanilla extract, eggs and butter; stir until just blended (and lumpy). Be careful not to over mix as it will result in a tough texture.
- Fold in 100g chocolate chips into the mixture. Place baking cases in muffin tins. Spoon the mixture into the cases until three-quarters full.
- Top the muffins with the remaining chocolate chips. Bake for about 20 minutes in preheated oven of 200°C (392°F), until they are nicely risen. Cool muffins on wire rack.
Noob Cook Tips
- Store for a day in an airtight container. Freeze extras in ziplock bags and whenever you need a muffin or two, toast them for a few minutes in the oven until warm.
- Mix the batter until just blended and still lumpy. Be careful not to over mix as it will result in a tough texture.