Teh 'C' Recipe Watermelon Soju Recipe Bittergourd Salted Egg Recipe Myojo Ramen Char Mee 100 (Instant Noodles Review) Snowskin Mooncakes Recipe Birthday Mee Sua (Longevity Noodles) Recipe

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Check out: Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe

I have been cooking too much Asian and Chinese food for the past few months. I almost forgot how I used to bake sweet treats such as blueberry muffins and chocolate lava cake, until I was recently reminded about the lack of bakes coming from the kitchen. It set me to remedy the situation right away, starting with these lovely chocolate chip cookies. I got the recipe from Women’s Weekly, one of my favourite cookbook series. It was a really easy recipe and I was successful at the first attempt. The original recipe called for 50g of coarsely chopped walnuts to be folded along with the chocolate chips, but I omitted that as we prefer our chocolate chip cookies without nuts.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

25 Responses to “Chocolate Chip Cookies”

1. Hoppinghammy — December 10, 2011 @ 10:36 pm

You don’t know how much you are loved for posting this! :D There’s nothing like a super easy (sounding) basic chocolate chip cookie recipe! I am *definitely* going to attempt to make these within the next couple of weeks to for my family. The dad and brother will be very pleased! Just to make sure….caster sugar is regular white sugar, correct? :) Thank you for this lovely recipe! It looks like they certainly did turn out perfectly! (and strangely enough I don’t like the texture of nuts in cookies either.)

• wiffy replied: — December 12th, 2011 @ 9:08 pm

Hi hopping thanks for your sweet note. caster sugar is fine white sugar. hope you find it :)

2. Daphne — December 10, 2011 @ 10:44 pm

yay! Me too! I have been craving some time to bake too. I did a cranberry cinnamon muffin last night- christmas mood.

3. Alice — December 12, 2011 @ 9:02 am

Caster Sugar = white sugar?

• wiffy replied: — December 12th, 2011 @ 9:08 pm

yes white sugar, but the finer than the usual. you can use fine or superfine sugar too.

• Alice replied: — December 13th, 2011 @ 10:28 am

million of thanks wiffy! honestly.. i tried up most of your recipes esp on Tiramisu, butter cup cake, chocolate lava.. successful turns out and im loving it! :)

4. Littlecornerofmine — December 13, 2011 @ 2:50 am

Looks good!  Like Asian style chocolate chip cookies.

5. Tigerfish — December 13, 2011 @ 5:55 am

How come I never catch the baking bug all these years? LOL

6. jo — December 13, 2011 @ 8:20 am

Haha and I am the exact opposite.  Too much Western cooking and baking.  Very delicious cookies I must say.

7. Tastehongkong — December 13, 2011 @ 1:18 pm

Are there extra : )?

8. Christina — December 14, 2011 @ 1:54 pm

Lovely recipe! U should make an app for your recipes. Then we can whip up dishes with a phone in our hand :)

9. Beanee — December 14, 2011 @ 5:41 pm

May I ask if the recipe calls for fine brown sugar or I can substitute with coffee granulated sugar.

• wiffy replied: — December 15th, 2011 @ 4:55 pm

Hi Beanee, do try to use fine brown sugar if possible.

10. Ytristano — December 17, 2011 @ 10:53 am

Just made one batch, a success. Thanks for the recipe. I didn’t use chocolate chip As I was out of it, used crushed cadbury bar, turns just as good.