Pandan Waffles Recipe Fermented Bean Curd (Nam Yee) Chicken Wings Recipe MyKuali White Curry Noodles Easy Waffles Recipe Samyang Fried Chicken Ramyun Air-fried Vegetarian Zai Er Recipe

Leftover Idea: Chilli Crab Pasta

Chilli Crab Pasta

We had chilli crabs for dinner last night but we over-ordered and had to ta-bao (take away) half of it back.

For today’s lunch, inspired by tigerfish’s spicy shrimp prawn pasta, I decided to make a no-brainer pasta dish from the leftovers. I just heated up the crabs, and served them over some cooked pasta. As easy as cooking can get ;p

Chilli Crab Pasta

Experimenting with food presentation. Serving the noodles inside the shell. Isn’t it adorable? I think it makes a good-looking side dish =p If I am the first one to ever do this, can I please patent it hehe? =P

===

Psst… have you heard the buzz? I’m one of Foodbuzz’s 24. Check back the blog on Sunday for a special blog feature :)
(Update: The foodbuzz 24 blog feature is here! Do read it and give me a buzz :) )

I’m submitting this cheater’s pasta dish to Equal Opportunity Kitchen for this week’s Presto Pasta Night.

22 Responses to “Leftover Idea: Chilli Crab Pasta”

1 2 3
  1. Marysol — September 20, 2008 @ 2:11 am

Oh no. I’m one nanomillimeter away from drooling all over my keyboard.
    Chili Crab and Pasta is such a lovely combination, and one I can never pass up. Thanks NC, it looks amazing!

2. Peter — September 20, 2008 @ 2:34 am

Oh yeah, this does look good!

3. Little Corner of Mine — September 20, 2008 @ 4:12 am

What a great looking dish! And congrats on being Foodbuzz 24. I can’t wait to read about it.

4. Wandering Chopsticks — September 20, 2008 @ 5:04 am

The pasta looks delicious. The sauce would work well with rice too.

Congrats on being one of the 24. Can’t wait to see what you’re gonna blog about. :)

BTW, I meant to submit something for GYO when you hosted but I missed the deadline. :(

Verification word today is hamster. Nothing special about that. Phew!

5. Ning — September 20, 2008 @ 11:25 am

Yummy pasta! I love the pasta in the crab shell, very creative presentation! Congrats on being Foodbuzz 24! :) :up:

6. didally — September 21, 2008 @ 12:43 am

WOW! Chilli crabs are my favorite. And tossing pasta in the sauce is absolutely brilliant!! :XO:

I like the shot of the pasta sitting in the shell, looks really exquisite. :-)

Congrats on the foodbuzz 24, you’re the only one who planted a spot in our region. I’m so proud of you. :D

7. kittie — September 21, 2008 @ 1:09 am

This is probably the best use of leftover take out ever!!

Wow – congrats on being one of the 24 – can’t wait to hear the details!

8. _ts of [eatingclub] vancouver — September 21, 2008 @ 8:55 am

This is the third time I’ve tried to leave a comment on this crab, but the system somehow keeps rejecting me! LOL

Fantabulous presentation. . .and I’m eagerly anticipating. . .

9. wiffy — September 21, 2008 @ 9:20 am

Marysol:: hehe thanks ;D

Peter:: Thank you!!

LCOM:: Thanks girl! XD The most is ready!

WC:: Aww… I’m slightly disappointed that the word verification is normal today, haa… no worries about the GYO entry, I know you’re on vacation ;)

Ning:: Thank you ^^

didally:: I stole the brilliant idea from tigerfish, hee … Thanks for your kind words … I think I am the only one in the region who submitted a proposal, ha ha!

kittie:: Thank you! The 24 post is ready :)

ts:: Opps … sorry about that, hehe :P :halo: Thank you for your kind words :halo:

10. tigerfish — September 21, 2008 @ 10:30 am

If there were soft shell crabs, the plate will be empty now. Pasta + crab (including shell) all down my stomach! :)
    Did you like it? This style of pasta? :p
    Congrats on the Foodbuzz feature.

1 2 3