Watermelon Soju Recipe Bittergourd Salted Egg Recipe Myojo Ramen Char Mee 100 (Instant Noodles Review) Snowskin Mooncakes Recipe Birthday Mee Sua (Longevity Noodles) Recipe Mum's Egg Mee Sua Recipe

Baked Chicken Stew

Baked Chicken Stew Recipe

Check Out: Beef Stew Recipe

This is an oven-baked recipe for chicken stew. I slow-cook the stew in the oven using a cast iron casserole instead of cooking it on the stove top. In that way, I let the oven do the work and I don’t have to watch the stove or the stew. I thought of making this one day, when I was at an Italian restaurant and I saw the diners at the table next to me ordering a chicken stew. The waiter served the stew by shredding the chicken on the spot – the meat was so tender that it fell right off the bones. That set me off on an instant craving and I knew that baking it will give me very tender chicken with minimal effort. This is a definitely great to eat well and relax over the weekend.

Baked Chicken Stew Recipe

29 Responses to “Baked Chicken Stew”

1. Little Corner of Mine — April 14, 2011 @ 2:04 am

Looks divine! I loved to make this when I am sick. Easy one pot meal.

2. masterofboots — April 14, 2011 @ 3:34 pm

I love stews. Like to make extra and freeze :)

3. emy@thehandiworks — April 15, 2011 @ 4:02 pm

Ooh…looks very tasty and comforting.

I have a similar pot in the fridge — except that I used pork. Will try chicken the next time.

4. Rylan — April 15, 2011 @ 4:18 pm

As usual, you will never disappoint anyone with your recipes! The most wonderful thing about this recipe is that it can be substituted with vegetable broth and vegan meat if the person is Vegetarian. I can already tell that this is super delish! I just wish I can also take photos like you! Fabulous work! Bravo!

PS: I missed your blog so much while I was gone

5. Sam Pugeda — April 18, 2011 @ 12:57 am

Another alternative to using chicken broth or stock, is to buy chicken with the skin/fat and boil it. Not only will the meat be tender, but you can use the leftover water as the broth. I learned this from my Dad while trying to make some Halal friendly dishes.

6. anoyon5 — April 19, 2011 @ 4:16 pm

it is very wonderful

7. SamAntha — May 25, 2011 @ 9:08 am

Hi again,

What is herbs de Provence? I went hunting for it at Cold Storage but couldn’t find it, where did u get yours? Thanks!

8. NoobCook via Facebook — April 5, 2012 @ 2:17 pm

Hi Lena, if you do not wish to put white wine, you may omit it. The recipe will still work.

9. wander — October 28, 2012 @ 11:55 am

How look do i have to cook this if I’m using slow cooker or on the stove?

• wander replied: — October 28th, 2012 @ 11:59 am

how long do I have to cook this*

• wiffy replied: — October 29th, 2012 @ 10:41 am

Hi, for slow cooker, I would estimate a few hours, counting from the time the water in the slow cooker is bubbling. For stove top, I would estimate about 1 hour + Just check it now and then, it is ready when chicken is so tender that the meat drop off the bones.

10. Annie — March 25, 2013 @ 12:32 pm

Hi,

May I know what is ‘bay’ leaves? Can i find it in ntuc or cold storage? I m new to cooking and find yr recipes interesting n easy to follow.

Thanks.

• wiffy replied: — March 25th, 2013 @ 10:56 pm

buy dry bay leaves (can store for very long) at any supermarket (both NTUC and CS) – at the section where they sell bottled dried herbs like rosermary, thyme, parsley etc…