Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe Lady Finger with Sambal Belacan Dip Recipe Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe

Baked Chicken Stew

Baked Chicken Stew Recipe

Check Out: Beef Stew Recipe

This is an oven-baked recipe for chicken stew. I slow-cook the stew in the oven using a cast iron casserole instead of cooking it on the stove top. In that way, I let the oven do the work and I don’t have to watch the stove or the stew. I thought of making this one day, when I was at an Italian restaurant and I saw the diners at the table next to me ordering a chicken stew. The waiter served the stew by shredding the chicken on the spot – the meat was so tender that it fell right off the bones. That set me off on an instant craving and I knew that baking it will give me very tender chicken with minimal effort. This is a definitely great to eat well and relax over the weekend.

Baked Chicken Stew Recipe

29 Responses to “Baked Chicken Stew”

1 2 3
  1. kimberlycun — April 12, 2011 @ 4:03 pm

that does look very tasty and comforting! thanks for the recipe!

2. Min {Honest Vanilla} — April 12, 2011 @ 5:08 pm

Looks really good! And the colours are wonderful! I especially like the addition of macaroni, making it a complete one-dish meal :) I think I can hear my tummy growling~

3. mochachocolatarita — April 12, 2011 @ 5:15 pm

healthy hearty and tasty! I love!

4. Nasi Lemak Lover — April 12, 2011 @ 6:38 pm

I like this kind of comfort food, healthy and good. I would love to eat this with my favourite French loaf or Focaccia, must be very yummy! Thanks for sharing.

5. Christine's Recipes — April 12, 2011 @ 8:13 pm

I’m getting to use my oven more and more. It’s very handy. Just pop the dish in there, I can sit back and relax.
    This chicken stew looks very moist and tender. Great to have a big bowl of rice with it.

6. jo — April 12, 2011 @ 9:32 pm

What a hearty looking stew! Would be great for dinner especially when it has been raining over the last few days.

7. HoppingHammy — April 12, 2011 @ 10:52 pm

This looks mouthwatering!! I must learn how to make this dish to treat my mom. :) Great photos!

8. lisaiscooking — April 13, 2011 @ 4:14 am

This stew looks so good over pasta! I like the hands-off oven cooking method too.

9. tigerfish — April 13, 2011 @ 8:03 am

I am absolutely for this “let the oven do its thing” kind of cooking recently. I need to find myself a bigger pot though, if not, cook a smaller batch. :D

• wiffy replied: — April 13th, 2011 @ 11:19 am

You should totally get a le cruset dutch oven… they are perfect for this type of cooking and cheap in the US!! ^_^

10. daphne — April 13, 2011 @ 5:33 pm

oooo.. the other version of chicken stew! I like how u said it is baked instead of stewed slowly on stove. Winter is coming up for us and this will be perfect! esp with all the herbs.

1 2 3

1. Pingback: Favourite Recipes of 2011 - Happy 2012!