Fermented Bean Curd (Nam Yee) Chicken Wings Recipe MyKuali White Curry Noodles Easy Waffles Recipe Samyang Fried Chicken Ramyun Air-fried Vegetarian Zai Er Recipe Ipoh Hor Fun Recipe

Baked Chicken Stew

Baked Chicken Stew Recipe

Check Out: Beef Stew Recipe

This is an oven-baked recipe for chicken stew. I slow-cook the stew in the oven using a cast iron casserole instead of cooking it on the stove top. In that way, I let the oven do the work and I don’t have to watch the stove or the stew. I thought of making this one day, when I was at an Italian restaurant and I saw the diners at the table next to me ordering a chicken stew. The waiter served the stew by shredding the chicken on the spot – the meat was so tender that it fell right off the bones. That set me off on an instant craving and I knew that baking it will give me very tender chicken with minimal effort. This is a definitely great to eat well and relax over the weekend.

Baked Chicken Stew Recipe

29 Responses to “Baked Chicken Stew”

1 2 3
  1. kimberlycun — April 12, 2011 @ 4:03 pm

that does look very tasty and comforting! thanks for the recipe!

2. Min {Honest Vanilla} — April 12, 2011 @ 5:08 pm

Looks really good! And the colours are wonderful! I especially like the addition of macaroni, making it a complete one-dish meal :) I think I can hear my tummy growling~

3. mochachocolatarita — April 12, 2011 @ 5:15 pm

healthy hearty and tasty! I love!

4. Nasi Lemak Lover — April 12, 2011 @ 6:38 pm

I like this kind of comfort food, healthy and good. I would love to eat this with my favourite French loaf or Focaccia, must be very yummy! Thanks for sharing.

5. Christine's Recipes — April 12, 2011 @ 8:13 pm

I’m getting to use my oven more and more. It’s very handy. Just pop the dish in there, I can sit back and relax.
    This chicken stew looks very moist and tender. Great to have a big bowl of rice with it.

6. jo — April 12, 2011 @ 9:32 pm

What a hearty looking stew! Would be great for dinner especially when it has been raining over the last few days.

7. HoppingHammy — April 12, 2011 @ 10:52 pm

This looks mouthwatering!! I must learn how to make this dish to treat my mom. :) Great photos!

8. lisaiscooking — April 13, 2011 @ 4:14 am

This stew looks so good over pasta! I like the hands-off oven cooking method too.

9. tigerfish — April 13, 2011 @ 8:03 am

I am absolutely for this “let the oven do its thing” kind of cooking recently. I need to find myself a bigger pot though, if not, cook a smaller batch. :D

• wiffy replied: — April 13th, 2011 @ 11:19 am

You should totally get a le cruset dutch oven… they are perfect for this type of cooking and cheap in the US!! ^_^

10. daphne — April 13, 2011 @ 5:33 pm

oooo.. the other version of chicken stew! I like how u said it is baked instead of stewed slowly on stove. Winter is coming up for us and this will be perfect! esp with all the herbs.

1 2 3

1. Pingback: Favourite Recipes of 2011 - Happy 2012!