Kabocha no Nimono Recipe Szechuan Vegetable Duck Soup Recipe Golden Salted Egg Yolk Prawns Recipe Korean Spicy Cucumber Salad Recipe (Oi-muchim) Salted Egg Yolk Tofu Recipe Roasted Curried Cauliflower Recipe

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice Recipe

I just bought a new oven (Rowenta Pro 9080) a few weeks back and the first thing I cooked with it is my favourite baked rice. The photo you see above is the baked rice freshly out of the oven, taken on my kitchen countertop.

More baked rice recipes:

As a kid, it was such a treat to eat baked rice at Swensen’s and now as an adult, it is an even greater treat to be able to cook this at home – baked rice anytime I want, with unlimited variations (check out the links above). I love the end result  – the taste of this recipe is quite close to Swensen’s baked rice which I simply adore since young, thanks to CookBake Legacy whom I referenced and adapted the recipe from. If you are having a home party, bake this in disposable aluminium tray for fuss-free clean ups – this recipe can feed quite a few folks and so far, it has been a hit with my friends.

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice Recipe

172 Responses to “Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice”

1 6 7 8 9 10 13
  1. chieh — January 29, 2010 @ 7:07 am

hi! i just tried your recipe today and it’s great!!! :) especially so since im away from singapore, and it feels good to have warm comfort food in winter :D thanks for sharing! :D

• wiffy replied: — January 29th, 2010 @ 9:19 am

Hi Chieh, glad to hear you like it! Nothing feels more comforting than a warm plate of home cooked food, especially when you’re experiencing winter in another country. Thanks for your note! :-)

2. DONOVAN — March 7, 2010 @ 12:48 pm

Is it healthy ? I’m doing a project and it requires a dish suitable for an obese person. I was wondering if this dish is suitable for use ?

• wiffy replied: — March 7th, 2010 @ 9:50 pm

cheese is not the most slimming foods around lol … why don’t you try steamed food or Chinese soups?

3. xtrimge — March 29, 2010 @ 9:55 am

NICE Nice… making me hunry sio.. 8O

4. Foodly — May 17, 2010 @ 7:53 pm

Love this~
    Can i use this for my test =P Home Economic test~

Liffy

• wiffy replied: — May 17th, 2010 @ 10:24 pm

Sure Liffy, all the best for your Home Econs test :D

5. hanushi — June 30, 2010 @ 12:15 am

Can I just use cheddar cheese solely instead of two types of cheese? :)

• wiffy replied: — June 30th, 2010 @ 11:05 am

hi hanushi, yes you can. You can also use solely Mozzarella or other cheese you like too :)

6. hanushi — June 30, 2010 @ 7:05 pm

thanks a lot, wiffy. :)

are the green bits on the baked rice parsley? is it already in small bits when you buy it or you chopped the parsley into small green bits?

• wiffy replied: — June 30th, 2010 @ 11:22 pm

Yes they are dried chopped parsley (those that come in a bottle). You can use fresh one too :)

7. zaclin — August 13, 2010 @ 10:52 pm

Just made this for dinner and it was yummylicious!
    No more trips to Swensen’s for Chicken baked rice! hehehe..
    thanks a lot, wiffi :)

8. Macy — August 20, 2010 @ 7:03 pm

Just wanna share with you that i used your recipe and it came out perfect!
    Yummylicious ! It melts in your mouth :))
    There is no Swenson’s restaurant in Tokyo so cooking this reminds me of Singapore!
    Thanks Wiffy!

1 6 7 8 9 10 13

1. Pingback: Hawaiian Baked Rice with Cheese | NoobCook.com

2. Pingback: Broccoli, Potato & Sausage Baked Rice (Step by Step Photos) | NoobCook.com