Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe Lady Finger with Sambal Belacan Dip Recipe Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice Recipe

I just bought a new oven (Rowenta Pro 9080) a few weeks back and the first thing I cooked with it is my favourite baked rice. The photo you see above is the baked rice freshly out of the oven, taken on my kitchen countertop.

More baked rice recipes:

As a kid, it was such a treat to eat baked rice at Swensen’s and now as an adult, it is an even greater treat to be able to cook this at home – baked rice anytime I want, with unlimited variations (check out the links above). I love the end result  – the taste of this recipe is quite close to Swensen’s baked rice which I simply adore since young, thanks to CookBake Legacy whom I referenced and adapted the recipe from. If you are having a home party, bake this in disposable aluminium tray for fuss-free clean ups – this recipe can feed quite a few folks and so far, it has been a hit with my friends.

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice Recipe

161 Responses to “Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice”

1 5 6 7 8 9 13
  1. Cyn — November 11, 2009 @ 4:51 pm

Wow nice and yummy looking photos! Will try out yr recipe tonight. Already bookmark yr site. Thanks

• wiffy replied: — November 12th, 2009 @ 9:32 am

Hi Cyn, hope you like this recipe when you try it! Give me your feedback if any :)

2. stargirl — December 7, 2009 @ 1:07 pm

i love swensens’ baked rice! i’ve just tried out your recipe and i used some pecorino cheese for pungency as well. the chicken cubes were a tad dry (i’ll add cornstarch in the future) and add more soup next time, but overall, your recipe made for some yummy baked rice! :D

• wiffy replied: — December 7th, 2009 @ 6:44 pm

pecorino cheese? sounds good! I’ll try it next time. Glad you like the recipe and thanks for sharing the tips :)

3. abcde — December 18, 2009 @ 1:00 pm

do we cook the chicken together with the rice in the rice cooker too?

• wiffy replied: — December 18th, 2009 @ 3:55 pm

Hi abcde, I pan fry the chicken pieces in a wok till they are white, then I transfer everything (chicken included) in the rice cooker to cook. Hope this helps.

4. Gail — December 23, 2009 @ 9:43 am

Hi! Thanks for your recipe! My friends loved it! Except I was a bit lost at how much rice and how much water to cook the rice in the rice cooker. (I am REALLY a noobcook) But nevertheless, the campbell soup was a sure winner. :) Thanks for the great photos and instructions! :up:

• wiffy replied: — January 10th, 2010 @ 12:16 pm

Hi gail, I’m glad it was a success hehe … Thanks for your kind words :)

5. Li — January 11, 2010 @ 11:19 pm

Hi judging by the pics and the rave reviews I can’t wait to try out your recipe. Just to check, your few tablespoons of Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom soup is straight from the can or already diluted with water and cooked? Thanks!

• wiffy replied: — January 11th, 2010 @ 11:54 pm

I use it straight from the can, not necessary to dilute with water. Hope you like the baked rice when you try it out! :)

6. chieh — January 29, 2010 @ 7:07 am

hi! i just tried your recipe today and it’s great!!! :) especially so since im away from singapore, and it feels good to have warm comfort food in winter :D thanks for sharing! :D

• wiffy replied: — January 29th, 2010 @ 9:19 am

Hi Chieh, glad to hear you like it! Nothing feels more comforting than a warm plate of home cooked food, especially when you’re experiencing winter in another country. Thanks for your note! :-)

7. DONOVAN — March 7, 2010 @ 12:48 pm

Is it healthy ? I’m doing a project and it requires a dish suitable for an obese person. I was wondering if this dish is suitable for use ?

• wiffy replied: — March 7th, 2010 @ 9:50 pm

cheese is not the most slimming foods around lol … why don’t you try steamed food or Chinese soups?

8. xtrimge — March 29, 2010 @ 9:55 am

NICE Nice… making me hunry sio.. 8O

9. Foodly — May 17, 2010 @ 7:53 pm

Love this~
    Can i use this for my test =P Home Economic test~

Liffy

• wiffy replied: — May 17th, 2010 @ 10:24 pm

Sure Liffy, all the best for your Home Econs test :D

10. hanushi — June 30, 2010 @ 12:15 am

Can I just use cheddar cheese solely instead of two types of cheese? :)

• wiffy replied: — June 30th, 2010 @ 11:05 am

hi hanushi, yes you can. You can also use solely Mozzarella or other cheese you like too :)

1 5 6 7 8 9 12