Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe Lady Finger with Sambal Belacan Dip Recipe Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice Recipe

I just bought a new oven (Rowenta Pro 9080) a few weeks back and the first thing I cooked with it is my favourite baked rice. The photo you see above is the baked rice freshly out of the oven, taken on my kitchen countertop.

More baked rice recipes:

As a kid, it was such a treat to eat baked rice at Swensen’s and now as an adult, it is an even greater treat to be able to cook this at home – baked rice anytime I want, with unlimited variations (check out the links above). I love the end result  – the taste of this recipe is quite close to Swensen’s baked rice which I simply adore since young, thanks to CookBake Legacy whom I referenced and adapted the recipe from. If you are having a home party, bake this in disposable aluminium tray for fuss-free clean ups – this recipe can feed quite a few folks and so far, it has been a hit with my friends.

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice Recipe

161 Responses to “Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice”

1 4 5 6 7 8 13
  1. wiffy — April 13, 2009 @ 10:03 am

Thanks Angeline =)

2. Susan — May 8, 2009 @ 11:22 am

Hi Wiffy,
    I searched, found your Baked Rice recipe and intend to try it out this weekend.
    Just one question – which is better – to cook all ingredients and rice in the rice cooker together; or should I first cook rice in the rice cooker, scoop it out when done, then baked with all ingredients and meat in the oven? Thanks so much for your help and I am very excited to try this now.

• wiffy replied: — May 8th, 2009 @ 12:33 pm

Hi Susan, I personally prefer to fry them in a wok with the rice, then cook in the rice cooker first before baking so that all the flavours are infused. Unless u have stuff like hot dog which you can consider stirring in with the rice when it’s cooked. Hope you like the recipe when you try it =)

3. nat — July 10, 2009 @ 11:27 pm

hi thr.. can i ask if can i change the rice into brown rice? if it is possible, how long to cook e brown rice?:D

• wiffy replied: — July 15th, 2009 @ 8:26 pm

Hi nat, sorry for my late reply. I’ve never cooked brown rice before, so I don’t know if it will be suitable. It may be a bit dry and rough. But no harm experimenting ;)

4. sue — July 19, 2009 @ 12:52 pm

Hi hi. may i ask…when you fry the rice with the other ingredients, is the rice cooked or uncooked? and the garlics too, are they raw or cooked? :D

• wiffy replied: — July 19th, 2009 @ 6:27 pm

Hi Sue, the rice and the garlic are uncooked when you fry them in the pan :)

5. Serene — July 21, 2009 @ 2:30 pm

Was looking for baked rice recipe which brought me to your site. I say, love your beautiful pictures and easy recipes! I bookmarked your site~~ :XO:

• wiffy replied: — July 21st, 2009 @ 3:07 pm

Thanks for your kind words, Serene. Hope you like the recipes when you try them out :-)

6. Tony — August 19, 2009 @ 11:46 am

Hi wiffy
    thanks for the great recipe you have put up. Did a few tweaks to it; For healthier choice, I’ve used brown rice and turkey meat. And also replaced butter with olive oil. Work just fine :D

• wiffy replied: — September 14th, 2009 @ 8:45 pm

Thanks for your feedback! I like your healthier version with the olive oil, brown rice and turkey meat. Sounds delish :-)

7. sam — September 14, 2009 @ 8:07 pm

Hi wiffy,
    thanks for the great recipe.I replace the chicken fillet with chicken meat as i could not find chicken fillet in the supermarket.Is it alright if i don’t put cheddar cheese.Hope forward to see your reply :lol: :-)

• wiffy replied: — September 14th, 2009 @ 8:46 pm

Yeah it’s fine if you leave out the cheddar cheese. You can use other cheese such as Mozarella alone :)

8. Jun — September 16, 2009 @ 9:50 am

Campbell soup use instant one or can? n which type wildmushroom soup or creamy mushroom soup? :o

• wiffy replied: — September 16th, 2009 @ 9:58 am

Hi Jun, I used Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom, canned type.

9. eyes.rolling — September 21, 2009 @ 7:07 am

I’m almost done with this :)

I also added some green beans. Dunno how it’s gonna be like yet, but it’d better be good hehe.
    Thanks a lot :) This is my lunch at school tomorrow yay!

10. gourmet traveller — October 14, 2009 @ 12:24 am

I love Swensen’s baked rice and there’s nothing similar here in London so have been looking for a recipe to try at home for ages – will definitely give this a go!

1 4 5 6 7 8 12