Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe Teh C Peng "Special" Recipe Gula Melaka (Palm Sugar) Sambal Quail Eggs Recipe Braised Ee-Fu Noodles Recipe Teh 'C' Recipe

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice Recipe

I just bought a new oven (Rowenta Pro 9080) a few weeks back and the first thing I cooked with it is my favourite baked rice. The photo you see above is the baked rice freshly out of the oven, taken on my kitchen countertop.

More baked rice recipes:

As a kid, it was such a treat to eat baked rice at Swensen’s and now as an adult, it is an even greater treat to be able to cook this at home – baked rice anytime I want, with unlimited variations (check out the links above). I love the end result  – the taste of this recipe is quite close to Swensen’s baked rice which I simply adore since young, thanks to CookBake Legacy whom I referenced and adapted the recipe from. If you are having a home party, bake this in disposable aluminium tray for fuss-free clean ups – this recipe can feed quite a few folks and so far, it has been a hit with my friends.

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice Recipe

161 Responses to “Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice”

1 3 4 5 6 7 13
  1. Carol Tan — March 13, 2009 @ 5:43 pm

i cant find the fish bakeware :cry: but nevermind i still will try

2. wawa mango — March 13, 2009 @ 11:28 pm

dear… its a great recipies.. i love it… really!!! haha after i read this… i asked my bf to get an oven…

can i cook the rice in the big portion..keep in in fridge (if can, for how long) and whenever my bf want to have it he just top it with cheese and bake it himself…???

3. wiffy — March 17, 2009 @ 11:22 am

Yeah! – I got the dish from Daiso IMM. Yep you can try out the recipe by baking in a casserole first. Hope you like it.

wawa - Yes you can cook the rice first, just that refrigerated rice tend to be quite dry and that is more suitable for fried rice than baked rice. I prefer to use fluffy rice for my baked rice but it’s up to u :)

4. wawa_mango — March 17, 2009 @ 5:43 pm

dear YEAH!! i got the fish bake ware from daiso…happy happy happy…
    i bought 3… :D

5. wawa_mango — March 17, 2009 @ 5:47 pm

what you mean by fluffy rice???
    and what you mean rice tend to be quite dry??
    help me please…!!

thank u dear wiffy!! :XO:

6. wiffy — March 17, 2009 @ 9:05 pm

What I meant is that overnight/refrigerated rice could be quite dry, more suitable for stir frying than baking.

Rice that has just been cooked is more suitable as it is more moist and fluffy.

7. mint — March 23, 2009 @ 8:40 pm

hey, i want to use the same fish dish too! But can i cook this with my mini oven, used for toast and hotdog?

8. PQ — March 28, 2009 @ 12:06 am

I am so glad to find this recipe as my hubby loves baked rice! I made my first attempt this evening and it was very well-received by hubby and mummy!

I will try your beef lasagna next.
    Thanks so much for sharing!

9. wiffy — March 28, 2009 @ 8:30 am

Hi mint, I have never used a toaster before but I believed that it’s usually used for warming foods. You may not be able to use it for baking.

Hi PQ, thanks for your kind words. Hope u like the beef lasagna too =)

10. Angeline — April 12, 2009 @ 3:35 pm

Your recipe is good and goes well with ham too.

1 3 4 5 6 7 12