Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe Teh C Peng "Special" Recipe Gula Melaka (Palm Sugar) Sambal Quail Eggs Recipe Braised Ee-Fu Noodles Recipe

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice Recipe

I just bought a new oven (Rowenta Pro 9080) a few weeks back and the first thing I cooked with it is my favourite baked rice. The photo you see above is the baked rice freshly out of the oven, taken on my kitchen countertop.

More baked rice recipes:

As a kid, it was such a treat to eat baked rice at Swensen’s and now as an adult, it is an even greater treat to be able to cook this at home – baked rice anytime I want, with unlimited variations (check out the links above). I love the end result  – the taste of this recipe is quite close to Swensen’s baked rice which I simply adore since young, thanks to CookBake Legacy whom I referenced and adapted the recipe from. If you are having a home party, bake this in disposable aluminium tray for fuss-free clean ups – this recipe can feed quite a few folks and so far, it has been a hit with my friends.

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice Recipe

161 Responses to “Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice”

1. [eatingclub] vancouver || js — January 8, 2009 @ 1:06 pm

I love the fish bakeware. At first, I thought it was a fish and cheese rice dish — but chicken with mushrooms with rice and cheese sound mighty fine to me too!

2. [eatingclub] vancouver || js — January 8, 2009 @ 1:07 pm

Oh, by the way, I’m totally stealing this idea and bringing to the next potluck. =)

3. Hugging the Coast — January 8, 2009 @ 6:25 pm

Looks delicious! And those fish shaped dishes are wonderful!!!

4. wiffy — January 9, 2009 @ 12:28 pm

Thanks for the kind comments. glad you guys like the recipe :-)

5. Nadia — January 9, 2009 @ 6:05 pm

I just tried out this recipe today and it turned out great eventhough I didn’t know how much soup and cheese to put on top of the rice. (:

I do feel that it would have tasted better/more like the Swensen’s one if I had used Cream of Chicken instead. I’m gonna try that out next! (:

Thanks for the great recipe.

6. WokkingMum — January 11, 2009 @ 1:25 am

Glad to know you bought your oven. :-) And this dish looks great! Looking forward to more of your bake dishes. :D

7. jackie — February 12, 2009 @ 3:16 pm

Hi Wiffy,

i m going to bake rice today for dinner with Bits of Taste’s recipe and found yours too.

thanks both for the easy and fun to bake idea….jackie

8. Shermaine — February 21, 2009 @ 5:44 am

Hi Wiffy,

Great recipe! I tried it and tt turned out great though my dish doesn’t look as appealing as yours :p

looking forward to try other dishes of yours!

9. Ellena — February 26, 2009 @ 4:41 pm

Wow..this sure look great!!! Especially the way you present it…. I can’t wait to try this out for my dear son…. :p Thanks for sharing :p

10. Yeah !!! — March 8, 2009 @ 4:17 pm

Hi ,

Your recipe is great !!! I cant wait to taste it !! Thanks for sharing this recipe with us !! Hope to see more of your recipes :D