Som Tam (Papaya Salad) Recipe Cincalok Egg Recipe Sambal Okra Stir-fry Recipe Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice Recipe

I just bought a new oven (Rowenta Pro 9080) a few weeks back and the first thing I cooked with it is my favourite baked rice. The photo you see above is the baked rice freshly out of the oven, taken on my kitchen countertop.

More baked rice recipes:

As a kid, it was such a treat to eat baked rice at Swensen’s and now as an adult, it is an even greater treat to be able to cook this at home – baked rice anytime I want, with unlimited variations (check out the links above). I love the end resultย  – the taste of this recipe is quite close to Swensen’s baked rice which I simply adore since young, thanks to CookBake Legacy whom I referenced and adapted the recipe from. If you are having a home party, bake this in disposable aluminium tray for fuss-free clean ups – this recipe can feed quite a few folks and so far, it has been a hit with my friends.

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice Recipe

163 Responses to “Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice”

1. Selba — December 23, 2008 @ 2:46 pm

Welcome back :)

I like how you put the Chicken & Mushroom Baked Rice in the fish-shaped baking dishes, really cute.

2. Pink Parisian — December 23, 2008 @ 3:15 pm

Oh thank you for this! I have been wanting to try to cook baked cheese rice at home for the longest time. Maybe the holidays would be a good time to start.

3. kang at LE — December 23, 2008 @ 4:50 pm

hellew wiffy!

Stumbled upon your site on foodbuzz and am loving everything, the food photos are amazing and the super clean site design has me drooling! You have nice recipes here that remind of me mum’s cooking for all those years ago, sigh, oh how I wish I was home sweet home sometimes!

happy holidays :D

4. Jaden, Steamy Kitchen — December 23, 2008 @ 5:23 pm

LOVE the cut fishy pans

5. beachloverkitchen — December 23, 2008 @ 6:05 pm

I never bake rice with cheese b4..it’s seem like an interesting combination..my daughter and hubby love cheese,might give a try..called MacRice Cheese!! lol! your baking dish shape look cute:)

6. lk — December 24, 2008 @ 1:44 am

Welcome back to the world of blogging! What a lovely fish-shaped baking pan! Awesome shots! Looking forward to see more baking recipes from you soon. ;)

7. Pepy — December 24, 2008 @ 5:14 am

Perfect for holiday season party!

8. daphne — December 24, 2008 @ 8:54 pm

How pretty!! This makes amazing lunches and dinners I think! And the fish dish is very adorable-great presentation!

Merry Christmas Noobcook!!! =)

9. Gertrude — December 24, 2008 @ 10:31 pm

I did something similar but I used shrimps and broccoli. I just love how you present your dish. It look so cute :)

10. Katie — December 25, 2008 @ 2:51 am

This looks delicious! I love hearty, warm dishes like this – perfect for cold weather.