Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe Lady Finger with Sambal Belacan Dip Recipe Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice Recipe

I just bought a new oven (Rowenta Pro 9080) a few weeks back and the first thing I cooked with it is my favourite baked rice. The photo you see above is the baked rice freshly out of the oven, taken on my kitchen countertop.

More baked rice recipes:

As a kid, it was such a treat to eat baked rice at Swensen’s and now as an adult, it is an even greater treat to be able to cook this at home – baked rice anytime I want, with unlimited variations (check out the links above). I love the end result  – the taste of this recipe is quite close to Swensen’s baked rice which I simply adore since young, thanks to CookBake Legacy whom I referenced and adapted the recipe from. If you are having a home party, bake this in disposable aluminium tray for fuss-free clean ups – this recipe can feed quite a few folks and so far, it has been a hit with my friends.

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice Recipe

161 Responses to “Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice”

1. jack — March 9, 2012 @ 11:24 am

Looks good and nice, ingredient also suites my taste Will try to make it for tonite’s dinner….
    will try and giv some comment…

2. Cassandra — April 1, 2012 @ 3:38 pm

I only got 50 mins to cook this ? do i have enough time ?

3. polkadots — April 7, 2012 @ 2:28 pm

Hi Wiffy

Great recipe :) am digging into my own portion of baked rice right now! However, i feel the rice is a little dry. Shd the Cream of mushroom soup have been mixed into the rice? As I’m eating, I mix it and it’s less dry that way :)

• wiffy replied: — April 9th, 2012 @ 7:17 pm

Hi polkadots, yes, if you like the rice to be more moist or the sauce to be more evenly mixed, mix the mushroom soup with the rice instead of a layer on top. Thanks for your feedback, I will incorporate it in the recipe :)

4. Daphne — June 20, 2012 @ 2:34 am

Hi i’ve some doubts regarding the second step ” Add the washed rice, salt and black pepper to taste. Stir well.” You meant add the washed rice which means the uncooked rice? And “Wait for the rice mixture to cool” what you mean by waiting them to cool?

Sorry for these questions as it’s my first time preparing baked rice on my own.

• wiffy replied: — June 20th, 2012 @ 5:43 pm

Yes, I am referring to uncooked rice. I have re-worded the recipe instructions so that it is clearer. Hope this helps.

• Daphne replied: — June 23rd, 2012 @ 2:12 am

Thanks! That indeed helped alot but i would like to ask, since the water is added to cook the rice and at the same time the cooked chicken pieces are put together with it, won’t it turn damp and soggy or taste less nicer? Or is there any other ways?

So sorry for the trouble again!

5. kevin — August 15, 2012 @ 5:24 am

Just couple of days ago I found out that it is possible to bake rice. I found some good recipes in the internet, and this is one of them. Can’t wait to try this recipe!

Thank you!

6. Kel — December 1, 2012 @ 7:36 pm

I followed your recipe and the baked rice was delicious! (Only the chicken is a little over cooked)
    thank you! :)

7. KFalconus — December 2, 2012 @ 10:01 pm

hmmm…looks good..i should try that one later :)

8. Ida Lee — January 16, 2013 @ 2:37 pm

Hi Wiffi,

If I cannot find the Campbell soup, can I replace it with other?

• wiffy replied: — January 16th, 2013 @ 3:13 pm

Yup, any brand will do.

9. natalee — February 19, 2013 @ 8:06 am

EHMAHGAWD LOOKS SO TASTY AND IM HUNGRYYYYYYYY AHHHHH

10. Alice — March 16, 2013 @ 7:47 pm

Is it ok to cook the rice first then mix everything together?

• wiffy replied: — March 20th, 2013 @ 3:38 pm