Teh 'C' Recipe Watermelon Soju Recipe Bittergourd Salted Egg Recipe Myojo Ramen Char Mee 100 (Instant Noodles Review) Snowskin Mooncakes Recipe Birthday Mee Sua (Longevity Noodles) Recipe

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice
Chicken & Mushroom Baked Rice

I just bought a new oven (Rowenta Pro 9080) a few weeks back and the first thing I cooked with it is my favourite baked rice. The photo you see above is the baked rice freshly out of the oven, taken on my kitchen countertop. As a kid, it was such a treat to eat baked rice at Swensen’s and now as an adult, it is an even greater treat to be able to cook this at home – baked rice anytime I want, with unlimited variations (check out the different baked rice recipes at bottom of page). I love the end result of my first attempt at chicken and mushroom baked rice  – the taste of this recipe is quite close to Swensen’s baked rice which I simply adore since young, thanks to CookBake Legacy whom I referenced and adapted the recipe from. Bake this just before serving to enjoy the freshly melted cheese. If you are having a home party, bake this in disposable aluminium tray for fuss-free clean ups – this recipe can feed quite a few folks and so far, it has been a hit with my friends.

Ingredients
(Serves 4-6)

- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice, rinsed and drained
- Water to cook rice
- 5 garlic cloves
- 200g (white or brown) button mushrooms, sliced
- 200g chicken fillet, cubed
- 15g butter
- a few tablespoons uncooked Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (I use mild red cheddar)
- Salt & Pepper
- Parsley (garnishing)

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice
Chicken & Mushroom Baked Rice (before baked)

Directions

1. In a heated wok or saucepan, melt the butter. Add the sliced mushrooms and cut chicken pieces, stir-fry for a few minutes until the surface of the chicken pieces is white.
2. Add the washed uncooked rice, salt and black pepper to taste. Stir well. Transfer contents of wok/pan to a rice cooker. Add the garlic cloves. Add water to cook rice (I use slightly more than 1 1/2 cups of water – adjust the water amount according to your cooker).
3. When the rice is cooked, portion out the rice into individual oven-safe baking dishes (or use a 20cm x 20 cm square alumnium tray) until about half the height of the dish.
4. Spread some mushroom soup sauce on top of the rice, and topped with a layer of shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
5. Baked in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (392°F) for about 20-25 minutes, or until all the cheese melted and is very slightly browned. Garnish with parsley.

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice
Baked in an alumnium square pan – great for home parties

More baked rice recipes:

158 Responses to “Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice”

1 2 3 12
  1. Peter — December 22, 2008 @ 8:48 pm

Welcome back I love the vessel, the dish looks mighty comforting.

2. Marija — December 22, 2008 @ 10:53 pm

Thank you for joining us in WW this month! It’s an amazing dish!

Photos, as always, are beautiful! :)

3. didally — December 22, 2008 @ 10:55 pm

Very nice baking dish! All the melted cheese, makes me crave for baked rice now. :-)

4. Little Corner of Mine — December 23, 2008 @ 2:29 am

Yummy! I like your fish baking dish, so cute!

5. lisaiscooking — December 23, 2008 @ 3:26 am

I love your fish-shaped baking dishes! Chicken, mushrooms, and rice is a great combination.

6. Marysol — December 23, 2008 @ 5:37 am

That chicken and rice dish looks so delicious; even dh commented on it. NC, you are, undeniably, the queen of comfort food.

7. CourtJ — December 23, 2008 @ 5:44 am

There is not much in the world that looks more appealing to me than a baked cheese topping!

8. Reeni — December 23, 2008 @ 9:45 am

What a delicious and comforting meal! I love your fish dish. I’m glad your back and with a new oven, yay!

9. Darius T. Williams — December 23, 2008 @ 9:58 am

Looks amazing…I could totally go for this! Totally!

-DTW

10. Wandering Chopsticks — December 23, 2008 @ 12:35 pm

Welcome back. We all need a break from blogging.

What a nice comeback. Looks so comforting during the middle of winter.

1 2 3 11

1. Pingback: NoobCook's 2008 Picks, Happy 2009! | NoobCook.com

2. Pingback: Beef Lasagna | NoobCook.com

3. Pingback: Hotdog Baked Rice | NoobCook.com

4. Pingback: Dinner « Gem Blog

5. Pingback: Basic Vanilla Cupcakes | NoobCook.com

6. Pingback: Hawaiian Baked Rice with Cheese | NoobCook.com

7. Pingback: Broccoli, Potato & Sausage Baked Rice (Step by Step Photos) | NoobCook.com

8. Pingback: 22nd week of cooking « A fulfilled life