Fermented Bean Curd (Nam Yee) Chicken Wings Recipe MyKuali White Curry Noodles Easy Waffles Recipe Samyang Fried Chicken Ramyun Air-fried Vegetarian Zai Er Recipe Ipoh Hor Fun Recipe

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice
Chicken & Mushroom Baked Rice

I just bought a new oven (Rowenta Pro 9080) a few weeks back and the first thing I cooked with it is my favourite baked rice. The photo you see above is the baked rice freshly out of the oven, taken on my kitchen countertop. As a kid, it was such a treat to eat baked rice at Swensen’s and now as an adult, it is an even greater treat to be able to cook this at home – baked rice anytime I want, with unlimited variations (check out the different baked rice recipes at bottom of page). I love the end result of my first attempt at chicken and mushroom baked rice  – the taste of this recipe is quite close to Swensen’s baked rice which I simply adore since young, thanks to CookBake Legacy whom I referenced and adapted the recipe from. Bake this just before serving to enjoy the freshly melted cheese. If you are having a home party, bake this in disposable aluminium tray for fuss-free clean ups – this recipe can feed quite a few folks and so far, it has been a hit with my friends.

Ingredients
(Serves 4-6)

- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice, rinsed and drained
- Water to cook rice
- 5 garlic cloves
- 200g (white or brown) button mushrooms, sliced
- 200g chicken fillet, cubed
- 15g butter
- a few tablespoons uncooked Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (I use mild red cheddar)
- Salt & Pepper
- Parsley (garnishing)

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice
Chicken & Mushroom Baked Rice (before baked)

Directions

1. In a heated wok or saucepan, melt the butter. Add the sliced mushrooms and cut chicken pieces, stir-fry for a few minutes until the surface of the chicken pieces is white.
2. Add the washed uncooked rice, salt and black pepper to taste. Stir well. Transfer contents of wok/pan to a rice cooker. Add the garlic cloves. Add water to cook rice (I use slightly more than 1 1/2 cups of water – adjust the water amount according to your cooker).
3. When the rice is cooked, portion out the rice into individual oven-safe baking dishes (or use a 20cm x 20 cm square alumnium tray) until about half the height of the dish.
4. Spread some mushroom soup sauce on top of the rice, and topped with a layer of shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
5. Baked in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (392°F) for about 20-25 minutes, or until all the cheese melted and is very slightly browned. Garnish with parsley.

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice
Baked in an alumnium square pan – great for home parties

More baked rice recipes:

156 Responses to “Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice”

1 2 3 12
  1. Peter — December 22, 2008 @ 8:48 pm

Welcome back I love the vessel, the dish looks mighty comforting.

2. Marija — December 22, 2008 @ 10:53 pm

Thank you for joining us in WW this month! It’s an amazing dish!

Photos, as always, are beautiful! :)

3. didally — December 22, 2008 @ 10:55 pm

Very nice baking dish! All the melted cheese, makes me crave for baked rice now. :-)

4. Little Corner of Mine — December 23, 2008 @ 2:29 am

Yummy! I like your fish baking dish, so cute!

5. lisaiscooking — December 23, 2008 @ 3:26 am

I love your fish-shaped baking dishes! Chicken, mushrooms, and rice is a great combination.

6. Marysol — December 23, 2008 @ 5:37 am

That chicken and rice dish looks so delicious; even dh commented on it. NC, you are, undeniably, the queen of comfort food.

7. CourtJ — December 23, 2008 @ 5:44 am

There is not much in the world that looks more appealing to me than a baked cheese topping!

8. Reeni — December 23, 2008 @ 9:45 am

What a delicious and comforting meal! I love your fish dish. I’m glad your back and with a new oven, yay!

9. Darius T. Williams — December 23, 2008 @ 9:58 am

Looks amazing…I could totally go for this! Totally!

-DTW

10. Wandering Chopsticks — December 23, 2008 @ 12:35 pm

Welcome back. We all need a break from blogging.

What a nice comeback. Looks so comforting during the middle of winter.

1 2 3 11

1. Pingback: NoobCook's 2008 Picks, Happy 2009! | NoobCook.com

2. Pingback: Beef Lasagna | NoobCook.com

3. Pingback: Hotdog Baked Rice | NoobCook.com

4. Pingback: Dinner « Gem Blog

5. Pingback: Basic Vanilla Cupcakes | NoobCook.com

6. Pingback: Hawaiian Baked Rice with Cheese | NoobCook.com

7. Pingback: Broccoli, Potato & Sausage Baked Rice (Step by Step Photos) | NoobCook.com

8. Pingback: 22nd week of cooking « A fulfilled life