Sambal Okra Stir-fry Recipe Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe Lady Finger with Sambal Belacan Dip Recipe Summer Rolls Recipe

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice Recipe

I just bought a new oven (Rowenta Pro 9080) a few weeks back and the first thing I cooked with it is my favourite baked rice. The photo you see above is the baked rice freshly out of the oven, taken on my kitchen countertop.

More baked rice recipes:

As a kid, it was such a treat to eat baked rice at Swensen’s and now as an adult, it is an even greater treat to be able to cook this at home – baked rice anytime I want, with unlimited variations (check out the links above). I love the end result  – the taste of this recipe is quite close to Swensen’s baked rice which I simply adore since young, thanks to CookBake Legacy whom I referenced and adapted the recipe from. If you are having a home party, bake this in disposable aluminium tray for fuss-free clean ups – this recipe can feed quite a few folks and so far, it has been a hit with my friends.

Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice Recipe

161 Responses to “Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice”

1 2 3 13
  1. Peter — December 22, 2008 @ 8:48 pm

Welcome back I love the vessel, the dish looks mighty comforting.

2. Marija — December 22, 2008 @ 10:53 pm

Thank you for joining us in WW this month! It’s an amazing dish!

Photos, as always, are beautiful! :)

3. didally — December 22, 2008 @ 10:55 pm

Very nice baking dish! All the melted cheese, makes me crave for baked rice now. :-)

4. Little Corner of Mine — December 23, 2008 @ 2:29 am

Yummy! I like your fish baking dish, so cute!

5. lisaiscooking — December 23, 2008 @ 3:26 am

I love your fish-shaped baking dishes! Chicken, mushrooms, and rice is a great combination.

6. Marysol — December 23, 2008 @ 5:37 am

That chicken and rice dish looks so delicious; even dh commented on it. NC, you are, undeniably, the queen of comfort food.

7. CourtJ — December 23, 2008 @ 5:44 am

There is not much in the world that looks more appealing to me than a baked cheese topping!

8. Reeni — December 23, 2008 @ 9:45 am

What a delicious and comforting meal! I love your fish dish. I’m glad your back and with a new oven, yay!

9. Darius T. Williams — December 23, 2008 @ 9:58 am

Looks amazing…I could totally go for this! Totally!

-DTW

10. Wandering Chopsticks — December 23, 2008 @ 12:35 pm

Welcome back. We all need a break from blogging.

What a nice comeback. Looks so comforting during the middle of winter.

1 2 3 12

1. Pingback: NoobCook's 2008 Picks, Happy 2009! | NoobCook.com

2. Pingback: Beef Lasagna | NoobCook.com

3. Pingback: Hotdog Baked Rice | NoobCook.com

4. Pingback: Dinner « Gem Blog

5. Pingback: Basic Vanilla Cupcakes | NoobCook.com

6. Pingback: Hawaiian Baked Rice with Cheese | NoobCook.com

7. Pingback: Broccoli, Potato & Sausage Baked Rice (Step by Step Photos) | NoobCook.com

8. Pingback: 22nd week of cooking « A fulfilled life