Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe Teh C Peng "Special" Recipe Gula Melaka (Palm Sugar) Sambal Quail Eggs Recipe Braised Ee-Fu Noodles Recipe

Carrot, Radish & Tomato Juice

Carrot, Radish, Tomato Juice
Juicing your way to good health – Carrot, Radish & Tomato Juice

A simple vegetable juice recipe for a busy mid-weekday. When I saw these cute looking red radishes at Bollywood Veggies (picture below), I couldn’t resist buying some. Finally decided to make fruit juice out of them because it’s easy and also nutritious. One seldom see radishes being added in a fruit juice and I guess it’s because their taste can be quite sharp & spicy when consumed raw. The trick is not to add too many radishes, and blend them with cherry tomatoes and carrots as their natural sweetness will balance out the overall taste.

Red radish
Beautiful red radishes I bought from Bollywood Veggies – so fresh they still have their leaves on

According to this site, “Radishes can be beneficial to our health as they are sources of Potassium, Magnesium, Vitamin C, Iron sulphur and Amylase. Radish juice has been used for treating skin conditions, asthma and sinus problems.” I just think that it is yummy, so when it’s also healthy, I think that’s a great bonus ;)

Carrot, Radish, Tomato Juice

Ingredients
(Makes 1 glass about 250 ml)

- 1 to 2 carrots, peeled and cut to chunks
- 15 cherry tomatoes (can substitute with normal tomatoes)
- 2 red radishes (can substitute with other types of radishes, about 70g), peeled and cut to chunks

Directions
1. Just blend everything in a fruit juice extractor and consume as soon as possible.

Carrot, Radish, Tomato Juice

42 Responses to “Carrot, Radish & Tomato Juice”

1. Little Inbox — November 19, 2009 @ 11:14 am

Another detox juice? So far, I’ve not try fresh radish juice.

• wiffy replied: — November 19th, 2009 @ 2:07 pm

Yes I heard radishes are detoxifying. There’s always a first time ;)

2. Bob — November 19, 2009 @ 11:44 pm

That looks wicked good. And if my mom heard me saying that about vegetable juice she would probably faint. ;)

3. eat me outta here! — November 20, 2009 @ 3:53 am

I have the same glass! My mom and dad collected them from before I was born!

4. Juliana — November 20, 2009 @ 4:23 am

Oh! So pretty the color, I am sure that must taste great, radish in juice…never had it before, would definitely try it ;-)

5. Gera @ SweetsFoods — November 20, 2009 @ 6:01 am

Healthy, tasteful and a wonderful color of this juice…need more?
    Your pics are absolutely awesome :)

Cheers!

Gera

6. ippo456 — November 20, 2009 @ 1:32 pm

You know radish & carrots are surprisingly easy to grow, even in pots!
    So long as you have a pretty deep pot with lots of sun & water, you’re good :D

• wiffy replied: — November 22nd, 2009 @ 12:45 pm

are u sure??? I’m so scared to grow new plants right now because I’ve killed too many. Radishes and carrots are like advanced gardening to me! hehe

7. Lia Chen — November 20, 2009 @ 2:19 pm

Wiffy, I have passed the award for you. Please pick it up on my blog and don’t forget to post 7 random things about yourself and nominate another 7 bloggers :o) Have a great weekend!

• wiffy replied: — November 22nd, 2009 @ 12:46 pm

Thank you soooo much Lia Chen! :-)

8. HoppingHammy — November 20, 2009 @ 10:47 pm

Ok, this is one recipe I am bookmarking to save. 8) Not only does it sound/look yummy, but it seems SO easy to do! (Hmm,….we’ll see about that. I have a way of making everything harder then it is, when in the kitchen. :| )

I’ve never tried fresh vegetable juice before, but enjoy eating healthy also and your recipe, combined with the tantalizing photos has just pushed me over the edge. Now I only need to convince my mom to add radishes on her grocery list hehe.

• wiffy replied: — November 22nd, 2009 @ 12:48 pm

hehe you’re adorable. I hope you like the taste when you try it out. I’m always jealous when I see photos of how red and fresh the radishes in US look.

9. Bren — November 22, 2009 @ 6:56 am

the color looks amazing, the consistency looks great, too, but i will surely pass on radishes! :) yay you for being able to drink it…

• wiffy replied: — November 22nd, 2009 @ 12:49 pm

Thanks! I love the taste of radish in my vegetable juice when it’s added in moderation ^_^

10. 3hungrytummies — November 24, 2009 @ 7:36 am

what a wonderful way to have lots of vegetable!!