Teh 'C' Recipe Watermelon Soju Recipe Bittergourd Salted Egg Recipe Myojo Ramen Char Mee 100 (Instant Noodles Review) Snowskin Mooncakes Recipe Birthday Mee Sua (Longevity Noodles) Recipe

Carrot, Radish & Tomato Juice

Carrot, Radish, Tomato Juice
Juicing your way to good health – Carrot, Radish & Tomato Juice

A simple vegetable juice recipe for a busy mid-weekday. When I saw these cute looking red radishes at Bollywood Veggies (picture below), I couldn’t resist buying some. Finally decided to make fruit juice out of them because it’s easy and also nutritious. One seldom see radishes being added in a fruit juice and I guess it’s because their taste can be quite sharp & spicy when consumed raw. The trick is not to add too many radishes, and blend them with cherry tomatoes and carrots as their natural sweetness will balance out the overall taste.

Red radish
Beautiful red radishes I bought from Bollywood Veggies – so fresh they still have their leaves on

According to this site, “Radishes can be beneficial to our health as they are sources of Potassium, Magnesium, Vitamin C, Iron sulphur and Amylase. Radish juice has been used for treating skin conditions, asthma and sinus problems.” I just think that it is yummy, so when it’s also healthy, I think that’s a great bonus ;)

Carrot, Radish, Tomato Juice

Ingredients
(Makes 1 glass about 250 ml)

- 1 to 2 carrots, peeled and cut to chunks
- 15 cherry tomatoes (can substitute with normal tomatoes)
- 2 red radishes (can substitute with other types of radishes, about 70g), peeled and cut to chunks

Directions
1. Just blend everything in a fruit juice extractor and consume as soon as possible.

Carrot, Radish, Tomato Juice

41 Responses to “Carrot, Radish & Tomato Juice”

1 2 3
  1. Lia Chen — November 17, 2009 @ 2:21 pm

I love juice … Your juice looks very refreshing. And I always enjoy your excellent photography Wiffy! (^.^)

• wiffy replied: — November 19th, 2009 @ 2:02 pm

Thanks for your kind words. I enjoy your photography & bento creations immensely as well ^_^

2. food-4tots — November 17, 2009 @ 10:24 pm

A great way to consume radishes. Nutritious and yummy!

• wiffy replied: — November 19th, 2009 @ 2:09 pm

a great and may I add, lazy way (save for the cleaning up). heeee

3. Marysol — November 17, 2009 @ 11:24 pm

NC, I think I may need some carrots in my diet, because I thought your bowl in the third photo had marshmallows in it. And wondered how the heck that could be healthy.
    Seriously though, I love all these vegetables. Once, when s a kid, my mom always made me a healthy drink concoction of carrot juice and OJ. And I surprised myself when I found I actually liked it.

• wiffy replied: — November 19th, 2009 @ 2:04 pm

now that you mentioned it, yes the white stuff do look like marshmallows. Carrot and orange juice sounds good, I will try it next time :) and *smile* at your comments, I always like your comments to me, so thank you! I hope you like this combi of juice when you try it.

4. Marysol — November 17, 2009 @ 11:30 pm

Well, I hit submit by accident.

Please, forgive the butchering and nonsensical message above.
    Maybe your health drink will help rejuvenate my last surviving brain cells.

In any case, I think the gorgeous orange color in that glass is tempting me to make it, now.

5. Janet@ Gourmet Traveller 88 — November 18, 2009 @ 12:33 am

Great juice. I can get all these in Switzerland easily. gotta try : )

• wiffy replied: — November 19th, 2009 @ 2:05 pm

yay! finally a recipe where you can find the ingredients, hehe

6. tigerfish — November 18, 2009 @ 4:29 am

Super good juice!

7. lisaiscooking — November 18, 2009 @ 6:53 am

This sounds like a nice mix of sweet and peppery flavors of the vegetables. A fresh and delicious juice!

• wiffy replied: — November 19th, 2009 @ 2:09 pm

Thank you! yes sweet and peppery – it’s a nice combi :)

8. peachkins — November 18, 2009 @ 9:23 am

it looks good but I don’t think i’m gonna like it..hee..

• wiffy replied: — November 19th, 2009 @ 2:05 pm

u don’t like radish? or tomato? or carrot? heheehe

9. tracieMoo — November 18, 2009 @ 8:48 pm

My mum use to boil carrots and raddish. I didn’t know we could juice them! Sounds very healthy.. I love juices so I’m going to give this a try :)

• wiffy replied: — November 19th, 2009 @ 2:09 pm

we can juice any vegetables and fruits I think. For me, it’s a lazy way to “eat” my greens and fruits.

10. Ching — November 19, 2009 @ 12:07 am

Very healthy indeed! Juicing is definitely good for us, I need to bring my juicer out and start juicing since apples have been cheap these days.

• wiffy replied: — November 19th, 2009 @ 2:08 pm

you should! fresh apple juice, yum yum :halo:

1 2 3

1. Pingback: Foodbuzz 24, 24, 24: Rustic Singapore - Buying & Cooking with Local Produce | NoobCook.com