Easy Waffles Recipe Samyang Fried Chicken Ramyun Air-fried Vegetarian Zai Er Recipe Ipoh Hor Fun Recipe Durian Cream Puff Recipe Ham and Cheese Egg Roll Recipe

Caesar Salad

Caesar Salad

Check Out: Chicken Caesar Salad Tortilla Wrap

Caesar salad is an Italian salad of romaine lettuce and croutons dressed with an anchovy-olive oil dressing.Β  I love having Caesar salad at home as it is really easy to make and goes well with any western meal. With the home-made version, I can ensure that the dressing consists of the deliciously savoury anchovies fillets which I absolutely love. If you want a more complete meal, you can serve the Caesar salad with cooked chicken breast. For leftover salad, I wrap it in tortilla for a next-day fast and easy Caesar salad wrap (keep the sauce and salad cling-wrapped separately in the fridge).

Caesar Salad Wrap

Leftover Idea: Caesar Salad Wrap

15 Responses to “Caesar Salad”

1. Kelly — November 9, 2012 @ 12:40 pm

Using quail egg is such a good idea!

2. s l ng — November 9, 2012 @ 2:52 pm

do we need to fry or oven bake the anchovy?

• wiffy replied: — November 9th, 2012 @ 2:58 pm

no need, I use it straight from the tin. Do check out the photos of the anchovy (not the Chinese type) on page two of the recipe.

3. Ann@Anncoo Journal — November 9, 2012 @ 9:47 pm

I love salad even without adding any dressing :D

4. Stephanie — November 10, 2012 @ 1:17 am

Caesar Salad is my favorite salad!! My mom makes a wicked homemade version that my sister requests every time that she comes to visit

5. Karlim — November 10, 2012 @ 11:49 am

Looks good and very nice presentation! =)

6. tigerfish — November 10, 2012 @ 2:54 pm

Did you say you love savoury anchovies fillets? I love it too! Next time I can make salad dressing using them. But I seldom make salads leh, esp. now when it is so cold. Maybe summer? My favorite way of using anchovies fillets is to make anchovy sauce out of it and I tell ya, so easy and so delicious and all done in the oven (no need the stove!). Sauce can be used as pasta sauce + many more. Need to post it up soon. :p
    Sorry…talk abt anchovies fillets, get too excited….kekeke

• wiffy replied: — November 10th, 2012 @ 11:16 pm

wow, I look forward to your anchovy pasta recipe – great to learn a new one-dish meal & another use of anchovy! Put it up soon k!

7. Ching@Little Corner of Mine — November 11, 2012 @ 3:10 am

Looks great in wrap too! Caesar salad is my hubby and daughters favorite salad.

8. B — November 13, 2012 @ 10:06 am

Love Caesar salad! Tangy and delicious!

9. TasteHongKong — November 13, 2012 @ 8:04 pm

Greens with anchovy paste is already a good dish to me, how could I resist such a deluxe version!

10. food-4tots.com — November 13, 2012 @ 11:31 pm

I have never tried anchovies fillets before. Your caesar salad looks so delicious!! Love how you turn them into different dishes! Very creative!! ;)