Tuna Pasta Recipe Dijon Honey Chicken Wings Recipe Beef Claypot Rice Recipe How to Make Grated Ginger Juice Ginger Grater Singapore Char Kway Teow Recipe

Caesar Salad

Caesar Salad

Check Out: Chicken Caesar Salad Tortilla Wrap

Caesar salad is an Italian salad of romaine lettuce and croutons dressed with an anchovy-olive oil dressing.  I love having Caesar salad at home as it is really easy to make and goes well with any western meal. With the home-made version, I can ensure that the dressing consists of the deliciously savoury anchovies fillets which I absolutely love. If you want a more complete meal, you can serve the Caesar salad with cooked chicken breast. For leftover salad, I wrap it in tortilla for a next-day fast and easy Caesar salad wrap (keep the sauce and salad cling-wrapped separately in the fridge).

Caesar Salad Wrap

Leftover Idea: Caesar Salad Wrap

15 Responses to “Caesar Salad”

1. Kelly — November 9, 2012 @ 12:40 pm

Using quail egg is such a good idea!

2. s l ng — November 9, 2012 @ 2:52 pm

do we need to fry or oven bake the anchovy?

• wiffy replied: — November 9th, 2012 @ 2:58 pm

no need, I use it straight from the tin. Do check out the photos of the anchovy (not the Chinese type) on page two of the recipe.

3. Ann@Anncoo Journal — November 9, 2012 @ 9:47 pm

I love salad even without adding any dressing :D

4. Stephanie — November 10, 2012 @ 1:17 am

Caesar Salad is my favorite salad!! My mom makes a wicked homemade version that my sister requests every time that she comes to visit

5. Karlim — November 10, 2012 @ 11:49 am

Looks good and very nice presentation! =)

6. tigerfish — November 10, 2012 @ 2:54 pm

Did you say you love savoury anchovies fillets? I love it too! Next time I can make salad dressing using them. But I seldom make salads leh, esp. now when it is so cold. Maybe summer? My favorite way of using anchovies fillets is to make anchovy sauce out of it and I tell ya, so easy and so delicious and all done in the oven (no need the stove!). Sauce can be used as pasta sauce + many more. Need to post it up soon. :p
    Sorry…talk abt anchovies fillets, get too excited….kekeke

• wiffy replied: — November 10th, 2012 @ 11:16 pm

wow, I look forward to your anchovy pasta recipe – great to learn a new one-dish meal & another use of anchovy! Put it up soon k!

7. Ching@Little Corner of Mine — November 11, 2012 @ 3:10 am

Looks great in wrap too! Caesar salad is my hubby and daughters favorite salad.

8. B — November 13, 2012 @ 10:06 am

Love Caesar salad! Tangy and delicious!

9. TasteHongKong — November 13, 2012 @ 8:04 pm

Greens with anchovy paste is already a good dish to me, how could I resist such a deluxe version!

10. food-4tots.com — November 13, 2012 @ 11:31 pm

I have never tried anchovies fillets before. Your caesar salad looks so delicious!! Love how you turn them into different dishes! Very creative!! ;)