Overnight Oats Recipe Som Tam (Papaya Salad) Recipe Cincalok Egg Recipe Sambal Okra Stir-fry Recipe Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe

Tofu with Minced Meat

Tofu with Minced Meat Recipe

Check Out: Mapo Tofu Recipe

Tofu with Minced Meat (肉酱豆腐) is one of my family’s favourite dishes and I have cooked it for many years but never got tired of it. This dish is really good with a bowl of warm fluffy white rice, and we often fought over the savoury gravy. Such humble home-cooked food (家常菜) is the reason why  I like to cook, because it taste so homely  and you can’t really order this type of food outside, well at least not so commonly. Sometimes I also add mushrooms to it, making it a more balanced dish if I don’t have time to whip up another side dish of vegetables. I call this dish the localized version of the popular Sichuan dish, Mapo Tofu, without the numbing heat.

Tofu with Minced Meat Recipe

35 Responses to “Tofu with Minced Meat”

1 2 3
  1. Angie@Angiesrecipes — July 26, 2011 @ 12:01 pm

This is my type of home cooked food ;-)) Yummy!

2. Little Inbox — July 26, 2011 @ 12:12 pm

I cook the similar dish too, with Japanese tofu.

3. The Sudden Cook — July 26, 2011 @ 1:06 pm

Looks really good not to mention how healthy tofu is!

4. masterofboots — July 26, 2011 @ 4:33 pm

This is home-cooked food at its best – economical, tasty, and time-saving :) I LIKE! another idea for weekday evenings.

5. jonie — July 26, 2011 @ 9:20 pm

minced meat with sichuan veg (those small pkts) also very nice. try it!

6. daphne — July 26, 2011 @ 11:11 pm

Since i have started using the salted soy beans paste, I can’t get enough of it!! the best is that I am finding more uses. I cooked it with ribs, then with fish, I did a chicken stew with it..and now! fresh new idea on tofu and pork mince!! thanks!

7. tigerfish — July 27, 2011 @ 7:58 am

Your taucheo and fermented black beans low on stock! hahahah!

A lot of 家常菜 are not common outside. That is also why I enjoy simple home-cooked food. Just so good.

8. AC — July 27, 2011 @ 8:16 am

Hi, this looks sooo good! It looks somewhat like Ma Po Tofu? Does it taste anything like it? Cheers!

• wiffy replied: — July 27th, 2011 @ 10:19 am

It’s not Ma Po tofu but it’s quite similar, I will call this the home-style version. MP Tofu has sichuan peppercorn which gives it the “Ma” (numbing sensation)… I will try it next time and post if I am successful :)

9. Chris — July 27, 2011 @ 10:28 am

Hmm … another homely dish. Nice to go with either porridge or rice.

10. Little Corner of Mine — July 28, 2011 @ 1:37 am

Delicious! Goes so well with rice and is one of my favorite home cook meals.

1. Pingback: Recipe: Stirfry Mince meat and Tofu | Beanie Bites