Stir-fry Lotus Root Recipe Mala Xiang Guo (Sichuan Spicy Numbing Stir-fry) Recipe Mala Xiang Guo Ingredients Hai Di Lao Mala Sauce Pumpkin Rice Recipe Macaroni Bacon Recipe

Tofu with Minced Meat

Tofu with Minced Meat Recipe

Tofu with Minced Meat (肉酱豆腐) is one of my family’s favourite dishes and I have cooked it for many years but never got tired of it. This dish is really good with a bowl of warm fluffy white rice, and we often fought over the savoury gravy. Such humble home-cooked food (家常菜) is the reason why  I like to cook, because it taste so homely  and you can’t really order this type of food outside, well at least not so commonly.

Similar Recipe:
Mapo Tofu
See Also:

Sometimes I also add mushrooms to it, making it a more balanced dish if I don’t have time to whip up another side dish of vegetables. I call this dish the localized version of the popular Sichuan dish, Mapo Tofu, without the numbing heat.

Tofu with Minced Meat Recipe

38 Responses to “Tofu with Minced Meat”

1 2 3
  1. Little Inbox — July 26, 2011 @ 12:12 pm

I cook the similar dish too, with Japanese tofu.

2. The Sudden Cook — July 26, 2011 @ 1:06 pm

Looks really good not to mention how healthy tofu is!

3. masterofboots — July 26, 2011 @ 4:33 pm

This is home-cooked food at its best – economical, tasty, and time-saving :) I LIKE! another idea for weekday evenings.

4. jonie — July 26, 2011 @ 9:20 pm

minced meat with sichuan veg (those small pkts) also very nice. try it!

5. daphne — July 26, 2011 @ 11:11 pm

Since i have started using the salted soy beans paste, I can’t get enough of it!! the best is that I am finding more uses. I cooked it with ribs, then with fish, I did a chicken stew with it..and now! fresh new idea on tofu and pork mince!! thanks!

6. tigerfish — July 27, 2011 @ 7:58 am

Your taucheo and fermented black beans low on stock! hahahah!

A lot of 家常菜 are not common outside. That is also why I enjoy simple home-cooked food. Just so good.

7. AC — July 27, 2011 @ 8:16 am

Hi, this looks sooo good! It looks somewhat like Ma Po Tofu? Does it taste anything like it? Cheers!

• wiffy replied: — July 27th, 2011 @ 10:19 am

It’s not Ma Po tofu but it’s quite similar, I will call this the home-style version. MP Tofu has sichuan peppercorn which gives it the “Ma” (numbing sensation)… I will try it next time and post if I am successful :)

8. Chris — July 27, 2011 @ 10:28 am

Hmm … another homely dish. Nice to go with either porridge or rice.

9. Little Corner of Mine — July 28, 2011 @ 1:37 am

Delicious! Goes so well with rice and is one of my favorite home cook meals.

1 2 3