Watermelon Soju Recipe Bittergourd Salted Egg Recipe Myojo Ramen Char Mee 100 (Instant Noodles Review) Snowskin Mooncakes Recipe Birthday Mee Sua (Longevity Noodles) Recipe Mum's Egg Mee Sua Recipe

Chinese Braised Chicken

Chinese Braised Chicken

Check Out: Sesame Oil Chicken Recipe

This is a simple and quick Chinese recipe for braised chicken which is easily adaptable to suit your preference. The seasonings like soy sauces and oyster sauce are staples in a Chinese kitchen. The savory braising sauce goes incredibly well with white rice. This dish is so high on taste and low on effort that it has become one of my family’s favourite home-cooked Chinese dishes.

Chinese Braised Chicken (Ingredients)

46 Responses to “Chinese Braised Chicken”

1. princelyun — April 5, 2011 @ 1:05 am

Hi Wiffy,
    I tried your receipe for this today! I’m your new fan! The taste turns out real good but I used chicken breast instead, the chicken turns out to be really hard..same like how it worked with my tofu minced with wolfberry.. I used rock sugar and exact steps..thanks for sharing once again!I hope i’ll do better next round, I choose boneless cos I dont even know how to chop meat with bones! This is my 2nd attempt. Next tiramisu for me!

2. Elaine — April 10, 2011 @ 7:36 pm

This is my 1st time cooking (not including instant noodles), and it turned out real good!!! Thank u so much!!! I cooked this for my mum n she like the sauce so much that she had 2 bowls of rice. Till now she can’t believe that I can cook. Omg I’m so filled with joy now :D

3. Jess — June 2, 2012 @ 6:50 pm

This is so delicious! However my mushrooms have a bitter aftertaste (I used chinese dried mushrooms) – how can I prevent mushroom from tasting bitter?

4. Js — September 10, 2012 @ 6:50 pm

Hi, can I know can we keep the balance for tomorrow? in the fridge? Thanks

• wiffy replied: — September 10th, 2012 @ 11:13 pm

Yes, you can :)

5. Huey — October 21, 2012 @ 3:51 pm

I’m a Singaporean living in Mumbai and have tried this recipe twice in the past month. The first time I cooked it, my husband said it was awesome and reminded him of chup chye peng. The second time I cooked it for my Singaporean friends in Mumbai, they said it reminded them of home and mimicked tears rolling down their cheeks (‘cos it was so heart-
    warmingly good). Thank you for this simple yet awesome and flavoursome recipe. :)

p.s.: I left out the sugar completely as my husband doesn’t take sugar as part of his slow carb diet. The dish still tasted fantastic!

• Fancy replied: — December 3rd, 2013 @ 7:53 pm

Hi, may I know how long did you take to braise the chicken with carrot and mushroom? Thank you.

6. CJ — January 3, 2014 @ 12:56 am

Hi i just wanna ask, do i need to pour away the sesame oil after stir frying? or just put in all the seasonings and ingredients in the stir-fried chicken with sesame oil?

• wiffy replied: — January 3rd, 2014 @ 1:00 pm

no need to pour away the sesame oil, it will flavour the stirfry.

7. Charlize — February 17, 2014 @ 2:46 pm

Can I omit step 1, and instead cook in a huge pot for 30 mins?

• wiffy replied: — February 17th, 2014 @ 5:22 pm