Birthday Mee Sua (Longevity Noodles) Recipe Mum's Egg Mee Sua Recipe Traditional Baked Mooncakes Recipe Ottogi Korean Cheese Ramen Foochow Red Wine Mee Sua Recipe Red Glutinous Wine Lees

Chinese Braised Chicken

Chinese Braised Chicken

Check Out: Sesame Oil Chicken Recipe

This is a simple and quick Chinese recipe for braised chicken which is easily adaptable to suit your preference. The seasonings like soy sauces and oyster sauce are staples in a Chinese kitchen. The savory braising sauce goes incredibly well with white rice. This dish is so high on taste and low on effort that it has become one of my family’s favourite home-cooked Chinese dishes.

Chinese Braised Chicken (Ingredients)

46 Responses to “Chinese Braised Chicken”

1. Little Corner of Mine — March 21, 2011 @ 10:57 pm

Delicious! Nothing can go wrong with this dish.

2. Kulsum at JourneyKitchen — March 22, 2011 @ 3:27 am

Oh yum! I make something similar and I know the flavors are great!

3. Sherie @ maameemoomoo — March 22, 2011 @ 9:52 am

Oooh!

I cook this all the time when i’m lazy. U are so spot on, on high on taste and low on effort.. Drowning my rice in this gravy is the wayyy to go ;)

4. Pepy @Indonesia Eats — March 22, 2011 @ 11:36 am

Ready to bring warmed rice to your house and enjoy this chicken :)

5. Pipana — March 22, 2011 @ 10:36 pm

Another great dish from you!!!
    It looks soooooo good!
    I love both chicken and shiitake, so I must try this! ^_-

6. Judy — March 22, 2011 @ 11:06 pm

A lovely dish to go with a bowl of steaming hot rice!
    I cook this on my lazy days and extra for the next day when the chicken would taste better!

7. mycookinghut — March 23, 2011 @ 2:53 am

Braise dishes are always very close to my heart. I love how simply one could be yet so comforting!

8. Alexient — March 23, 2011 @ 6:12 am

Love this!!! You are so right about this dish being great on taste, easy to cook and saves a great deal of time. Not only that, and because there’s only two person in the family, so it’s a just-nice dish for two, not too much, not too little. Especially when my fiance has a liking for stronger flavor, I’ll marinate the chicken the day before. Same goes to dishes like sesame oil chicken or dark soya sauce chicken. The marination makes the chicken taste really good cos’ the flavor were absorb into the chicken meat.

9. masterofboots — March 23, 2011 @ 8:31 am

this is one of my favourite go-to dishes whenever I am out of time. it’s always tasty, and one can add so many variations to make it more interesting.

10. This dish is so homey and tasty, a winner in my family throughout the year. :)