Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe Lady Finger with Sambal Belacan Dip Recipe Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe

Chinese Braised Chicken

Chinese Braised Chicken

Check Out: Sesame Oil Chicken Recipe

This is a simple and quick Chinese recipe for braised chicken which is easily adaptable to suit your preference. The seasonings like soy sauces and oyster sauce are staples in a Chinese kitchen. The savory braising sauce goes incredibly well with white rice. This dish is so high on taste and low on effort that it has become one of my family’s favourite home-cooked Chinese dishes.

Chinese Braised Chicken (Ingredients)

46 Responses to “Chinese Braised Chicken”

1 2 3 4
  1. Min {Honest Vanilla} — March 21, 2011 @ 2:05 pm

Mmmm yummy, I love braised and stew dishes. This and the last recipe are just perfect ;) And 15 minutes flat? Gotta try it soon!

2. daphne — March 21, 2011 @ 4:43 pm

Another classic one noobcook! I love the addition of chinese mushrooms and I will certainly add the splash of chinese wine at the end! LOL

3. Lia Chen — March 21, 2011 @ 5:14 pm

Simple and quick recipe is my favorite! Plus this dish looks so yum. Will keep in mind to put rock sugar :)

4. Lionel — March 21, 2011 @ 5:33 pm

Nice! I do something similar but with carrots, onions and mushrooms instead :)
    (minus the oyster sauce)
    (my mom’s receipe hehe)

5. Selba — March 21, 2011 @ 5:54 pm

Whoaaa.. I bet it’s so delicious eating with rice!

6. Marysol — March 21, 2011 @ 8:48 pm

You know, NC, there is always an unctuous look to every single dish you create!

Btw, I have rock sugar, but it never dawned on me to use it in a savory dish.

7. Katerina — March 21, 2011 @ 10:12 pm

Ahh a classic red braise! I have been meaning to try to make this at home for awhile. Beautiful photos.

8. Homemade Sausage Blog — March 21, 2011 @ 10:22 pm

This recipe looks great. You got to love quick and easy!!

9. norma — March 21, 2011 @ 10:25 pm

It seems that everytime it is cold and rainy in the city, you come up with a dish that is so warm and inviting…..

10. tigerfish — March 21, 2011 @ 10:44 pm

15 minutes flat? That is fast including food prep and cooking (flavors development).

1 2 3 4

1. Pingback: 18th week of cooking « A fulfilled life

2. Pingback: The best posts involve food. Even if the food is not the best. ;) | thewonkywanderer