Claypot Tofu Vegetables Recipe Sesame Wine Chicken Recipe Korean Ginseng Chicken Soup (Samgyetang) Recipe Fresh Ginseng Claypot Thai Glass Noodles with Prawns Recipe Steamed 3 eggs with pork recipe

Blueberry Muffins

Blueberry Muffin Recipe

I saw some really fresh and cheap blueberries and I knew I have to make some blueberry muffins with them. And I’m glad I did, because they are so yummy, I couldn’t help eating them while I am taking the photos. The natural slight sourness of the blueberries is a nice contrast to the sweet muffins.

See Also: Berry Nice Muffins Recipe

Plus, they are just so pretty to look at with the burst blueberries and the purple streaks running down the cupcake liners, and that made me really happy. I think it’s time for me to head back to the supermarket and stock up on more blueberries. The recipe is really easy because there is no electric mixer required, you just need a spatula to combine everything in a large bowl.

Blueberry Muffin Recipe

98 Responses to “Blueberry Muffins”

1. Polly — September 19, 2011 @ 2:20 pm

What is the difference between baking soda and baking powder?
    I was wondering if I could use the former in this recipe ?

2. Claire @ Blueberry Muffins — September 25, 2011 @ 11:35 pm

First off, your photos are amazing! I also love baking muffins, I’d say this is perfect with Mascarpone Whip on top! :)

3. Polly — September 30, 2011 @ 2:00 pm

Can I use vanilla powder instead of vanilla essence? The supermarket near my place only sells the powder form. If yes, is it also 1 tsp? Thanks alot!! :)

• wiffy replied: — October 4th, 2011 @ 3:39 pm

I have not tried with powder, but I think you can omit the vanilla essence altogether if you don’t have it, don’t need to substitute :)

4. Grace — January 19, 2012 @ 2:29 am

Hi, I tried your recipe with my new oven but its turned out burnt on top & underbaked in the bottom. When baking should one use a bottom heating element, top or both? :/
    I’m also wondering if the muffin cups affect cause I’m using a pretty tall one, probably double the height of yours in your picture.

btw, preheating the oven at 200 deg too & for how long?
    I’m a novice at baking :/

• wiffy replied: — January 19th, 2012 @ 12:06 pm

Hi Grace, yes I think you can try with a shorter muffin cup. I usually preheat it for about 10 minutes before starting to bake.

• Grace replied: — January 19th, 2012 @ 6:27 pm

Alright, will try again, thanks!
        but do you usually use both the heating element or just the bottom?

• wiffy replied: — January 19th, 2012 @ 7:46 pm

My oven only comes with top heating coil, and the side is fan. I think the construction differs with the brands and models.

5. The Sudden Cook — February 2, 2012 @ 2:51 pm

Tried the recipe the day before. Love that you gave the measurements of the cupcake liners you used. It helped me decide which liner I should use.
    The muffins came out great though for my oven I should have stuck to 180C. Other than that, love how the blueberries spread and leave their flavour all around the muffin. In future, I would most likely add a pinch of salt.

6. Ash — May 14, 2012 @ 5:07 pm

Hi Wiffy,

Baked twice and both batches turned out awesome! :)
    For a starter like me, this recipe is really great and simple. Thank you! :)

7. irene — December 30, 2012 @ 9:25 am

hi I tried out your blueberry muffins yesterday. They turned out very nicely :)

thanks for posting the recipe.

8. Pauline — March 19, 2013 @ 11:18 pm

hi, how to get the beautiful domes like your show in the picture? how come the top part hard like biscuit? is it I blended for too long?

1. Pingback: Migration: Blueberry morning~ « Sappy Tea & Flour Co.

2. Pingback: Blueberry muffins! | one fine home