Som Tam (Papaya Salad) Recipe Cincalok Egg Recipe Sambal Okra Stir-fry Recipe Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe

Blueberry Muffins

Blueberry Muffin Recipe

Check Out: Berry Nice Muffins Recipe

I saw some really fresh and cheap blueberries and I knew I have to make some blueberry muffins with them. And I’m glad I did, because they are so yummy, I couldn’t help eating them while I am taking the photos. The natural slight sourness of the blueberries is a nice contrast to the sweet muffins. Plus, they are just so pretty to look at with the burst blueberries and the purple streaks running down the cupcake liners, and that made me really happy. I think it’s time for me to head back to the supermarket and stock up on more blueberries. The recipe is really easy because there is no electric mixer required, you just need a spatula to combine everything in a large bowl.

Blueberry Muffin Recipe

95 Responses to “Blueberry Muffins”

1. Faith — June 26, 2010 @ 10:32 pm

Oooh, these are gorgeous! There’s nothing better than a blueberry muffin paired with some tea! :)

2. Kitchen Butterfly — June 27, 2010 @ 5:15 am

I agree with you – I love the purple streaks and the juiciness of the fruit when you take a bite, even though I’m not hot on white flour muffins!

3. Reeni — June 27, 2010 @ 8:14 am

Blueberry muffins are my favorite! These look so scrumptious! And blueberries are pretty – love how they turn purple.

4. TasteHongKong — June 27, 2010 @ 12:42 pm

I like the easy mixing, I like the purple streaks of blueberries. Lovely shots, lovely recipe : ).

5. Trissa — June 27, 2010 @ 6:23 pm

I heard bluberries are one of those superfoods – I used to eat it everyday with yogurt but then got bored – thanks for this recipe – will surely add this to my repertoire!

6. Ching — June 28, 2010 @ 12:55 am

Delicious! I just bought some blueberries yesterday because it was on sales for 99 cent each.

• wiffy replied: — June 28th, 2010 @ 1:31 pm

omg so cheap. and I bet fresher coz they don’t need to ship across the world. I’m jealous ;)

7. Irenemoo — June 29, 2010 @ 8:11 pm

Hi…I baked some muffins with your recipe this afternoon. However, when done and removed from the muffin tray, the base of the paper muffin case are oily. Could it me the butter, which i used in small pieces instead of melted?? One other change is the sugar…i cut by 25g.
    Pls advise. Thanks.

• wiffy replied: — June 29th, 2010 @ 8:34 pm

Hi Irenemoo, I don’t think it’s the sugar. Yep, could be the butter. If they are still “solid”, it may be a bit different. It should be fully melted (liquid) like in my melting butter tutorial.

• Irenemoo replied: — June 29th, 2010 @ 9:21 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply…i’ll make another batch later, when my girls sleep…and this time with fully melted butter…good luck to me :)

8. Florence — July 14, 2010 @ 2:11 pm

Hi, the picture of your muffins looks yummy. I have never baked before, but I bought a SHARP Healsio oven recently and would like to try out your Muffin recipe. Do I have to “smash” the blueberries before mixing into the mixture or I can just fold them into the mixture in “whole” form? Also, roughly how many muffins can I make based on your recipe? And thanks for your tips on how to store them. Looking forward to your advice before I try out. Thanks!

9. Florence — July 14, 2010 @ 3:00 pm

Hi, will there be any difference in the muffin texture if I use fine sugar instead of caster sugar? Thanks.

• wiffy replied: — July 16th, 2010 @ 9:15 am

Hi Florence, you can use the whole blueberries, see comment 33. The start of my recipe lists down how many it makes (before “ingredients”). Yes you can use superfine sugar.

10. Florence — July 16, 2010 @ 11:12 am