Snowskin Mooncakes Recipe Birthday Mee Sua (Longevity Noodles) Recipe Mum's Egg Mee Sua Recipe Traditional Baked Mooncakes Recipe Ottogi Korean Cheese Ramen Foochow Red Wine Mee Sua Recipe

Blueberry Milkshake

Blueberry Milkshake
A sweet delight – Blueberry milkshake topped with fresh blueberries and marshmallows

The US blueberries are now in season and that’s good news for us too in Singapore because we get to enjoy cheaper than usual blueberry prices as well. NTUC just had a sale whereby they were selling two punnets for only S$4.70! So naturally I grabbed a few punnets. This is one of the first things I whipped up with the fresh blueberries – an easy milkshake. Blueberries are usually slightly sour (at least those that I’ve bought so far), so blending it with sweet ice cream removes the sourness to create a sweet and refreshing taste. This is quite filling and I even had it as a meal on its own.

Ingredients
(Makes one tall glass, or 2 1/2 short glasses for dessert)

- 200g vanilla ice cream
- 1.5 tbsp milk
- 150g fresh blueberries

Directions
Blend everything till smooth, do not overblend or it will become watery. Garnish with some marshmallows and blueberries if you like.

Blueberry Milkshake
Blueberry Milkshake … Yumm!

61 Responses to “Blueberry Milkshake”

1. reena — July 22, 2009 @ 9:16 am

I just made this over the weekend, substitute milk with plain yogurt and it’s yummy too. Thanks for sharing!

• wiffy replied: — July 22nd, 2009 @ 2:31 pm

Glad u like it reena, thanks for your kind words :halo: btw, I’m going to try out your ABC juice soon too :-)

2. Angel guo — October 11, 2009 @ 5:11 pm

wow…. you are a talent. I get a lot of benefits from your website.
    Each kind of drink looks very delicious and the photos have been taken attachted!
    Do u take those photos by yourself?
    so jealous!

• wiffy replied: — October 12th, 2009 @ 10:22 am

Hi Angel, thanks for your kind words, you flatter me :-) Yeah I took the photos by myself. There is much room for improvement I think. Hope you like the recipes when you try them out, thanks again =)

3. Alina — April 9, 2010 @ 11:46 pm

Oh I love berry milkshakes – I’ve also had a lot of skimmed milk shakes when I had that weird idea of losing a few kilos some years ago :) They were my only substitute for ice-cream! But now I’d certainly prefer your version, with ice cream :) beautiful pictures and I love how you served it with marshmallows!

4. ken ken — May 18, 2010 @ 6:04 am

i LUV bluberries!!!!! 1 day, i had 2 do dis project 4 my teacher. we had 2 make a recipe. i decided to do 1 on blueberries. but i didnt know wat 2 make out of blueberries. den i thot dat i culd make a blueberrie milkshake. i rote down da recipe & gave it 2 my teacher. she gave me an a plus. i didnt know people made blueberry milkshakes. i thot i was the only 1 who thot of that. but den i read in the internet that people DO make blueberry milkshakes!!!! LOL!!!!! 143

5. Scarlett Cornelio — January 22, 2012 @ 6:54 am

I loved this milkshake it was sooo good I wanted to keep drinking it :p

6. Me — March 23, 2012 @ 5:23 am

This is such a simple yet delicious recipe! I tried it out with maple ice cream and chocolate milk – yum! Thank you so much.

7. Ivy — March 8, 2013 @ 2:58 pm

Do you think I can use the blueberry preserves that are usually sold in jars? We don’t have fresh blueberries here. :(