Fermented Bean Curd (Nam Yee) Chicken Wings Recipe MyKuali White Curry Noodles Easy Waffles Recipe Samyang Fried Chicken Ramyun Air-fried Vegetarian Zai Er Recipe Ipoh Hor Fun Recipe

Black Pepper Chicken Wings

Black Pepper Chicken Wings

This is an easy yet satisfying chicken wings recipe for black pepper lovers. They are gone really quickly, so I know they are good. The ingredients are basic and can be commonly found in a Chinese kitchen.

You May Also Like: Tom Yum Chicken Wings Recipe

The great thing about home-made version is that you can adjust the intensity of the pepper to suit your taste buds. Even though the pepper flavour is strong, we can still taste the sweetness of the chicken and the deliciously savoury marinade.

Printable Recipe
Black Pepper Chicken Wings (Step-by-Step)
grounded pepper Pound (using mortar and pestle) or grind (using an electric grinder) peppercorns to powder. For best results, use a combination of black and white peppercorns.
black pepper marinade Combine grounded pepper with oyster sauce, sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce and honey to form a marinade sauce.
chicken wings marinade Marinade chicken in the sauce for at least half an hour.
Black Pepper Chicken Wings Bake chicken wings in preheated oven of 200°C (392°F) for 25 minutes, turning once halfway. Garnish and serve.

21 Responses to “Black Pepper Chicken Wings”

1. Juha Sompinmäki — January 7, 2013 @ 2:11 am

I think the secret lies with using the peppercorns instead of already ground pepper powder.

2. HoppingHammy — January 7, 2013 @ 2:55 am

I am a black pepper lover and this recipe looks sooo tempting! I love your main photo with everything displayed. You’re an amazing food artist, photographer, and cook!

Maybe my mom can make this for us to try some time, along with your coca cola chicken. :)

• wiffy replied: — January 7th, 2013 @ 4:22 pm

Thanks for your compliment. I still have much room for improvement. Hope your mum can try out the recipes someday! :)

3. tigerfish — January 7, 2013 @ 2:51 pm

I cooked a gravy version of black pepper chicken before (more Indian-style dish). This simpler baked ones sounds easier. I hope to try the recipe sometime. :)

• wiffy replied: — January 7th, 2013 @ 4:25 pm

your black pepper Indian style sounds good as I always like the flavourful spices!

4. Quay Po Cooks — January 7, 2013 @ 5:58 pm

I love chicken wings in this preparation. I am drooling here:D Happy New Year to you and family.

5. Beanie — January 7, 2013 @ 11:02 pm

Hi Wiffy, looks really yummy! Where can I get the peppercorns? Really love to try!

• wiffy replied: — January 8th, 2013 @ 12:42 am

Hi Beanie, you can find at any local supermarket.

6. Little Corner of Mine — January 8, 2013 @ 12:17 am

Looks seriously delicious! Who could have resist?

7. Juliana — January 8, 2013 @ 8:00 am

Wiffy, these wings look so tasty…like the idea of some oyster sauce…I already can see myself eating a bunch of them.
    Happy New Year and have a great week ahead!

8. Sher — January 9, 2013 @ 12:43 am

These look so yummy!! Can we use HCP instead??

9. daphne — January 9, 2013 @ 3:42 pm

They look fantastic with the char grilled flavour and black pepper- you are so right in using fresh black pepper pounded to give it that kick.

10. lisaiscooking — January 14, 2013 @ 12:37 am

These look perfect for a party! And, I can see why they disappeared so quickly.